DotConnect Africa Journalist Jobs in Kenya
DotConnect Africa Journalist Jobs in KenyaJob Description A Journalist will be required to create, build and publish content for a variety of websites and digital platforms. He/She will manage daily updates through the content management systems to keep subscribers and prospects up-to-date with schedule and program information.
The ideal candidate for this position must be adept at using complex content and scheduling systems, comfortable tracking large amounts of information and offers a proven blend of editorial skills (copy writing, social media best practices) and technical know-how. Prior experience producing for a website or digital property is a must. An interest in Internet, Ecommerce, Mobile and Business and related portfolios is a requirement
Building job description for Interns, supervising and making them productive to achieve the daily quota of 4 articles per Blog/Website and production of video content on a bi-weekly basis.
Design a program and budget for the content creation for both Blog/ Video channels .
• Manage day-to-day content uploading in a variety of content management systems to achieve daily quota
• Manage the website as an acquisition channel, with full accountability for driving engagement and signups
• Propose a manageable model for the production, aggregation and monetizing of video content
• Focus fanatically on user experience, web conversion, and getting the most value from site visitors
• Create strategy for monetizing all platforms through soliciting adverts
• Identify, plan and execute regular interviews with CEO’s, COO’s, Start Up founders, Brand managers and related to be featured on a regular basis for both written and video channels
• Identify and attend or delegate all events that are relevant to the digital expansion
• Build a list of panAfrican digital partners
• Aid interns “internal clients” in their adoption and use of CMS and scheduling tools Produce written content and schedules
• Ensure accuracy of program schedule information online
• Develop, create and deploy content across all digital outlets .com
• Edit and proofread a variety of content types for the website, ensuring it meets style, tone and marketing message requirements, as well as reflecting the brand
• Owns projects end-to-end as assigned and overseen by manager
• Intimately understand corporate priorities and how they connect to latest tech-business trends and media
• Work proactively and volunteer assistance without being asked & under tight schedules
• Act as point-person and in-house “expert” for certain content publishing systems
• Manage relationships with other teams
• Plan and execute all web, SEO/SEM, marketing database, email, social media and display advertising campaigns
• Expand and maintain existing social media presence
• Measure and report performance of all digital marketing campaigns, and assess against goals (ROI and KPIs)
• Identify trends and insights, and optimize spend and performance based on the insights
• Brainstorm new and creative growth strategies
• Plan, execute, and measure experiments and conversion tests
• Collaborate with internal teams to create landing pages and optimize user experience
• Utilize strong analytical ability to evaluate end-to-end customer experience across multiple channels and customer touch points
• BS/MS degree in marketing, Media and Communications or a related field
• Experience new media professional with at least 5-7 years of experience transforming the performance of web properties into successful acquisition channels
• Proven working experience in digital marketing
• Demonstrable experience leading and managing SEO/SEM, marketing database, email, social media and/or display advertising campaigns
• Highly creative with experience in identifying target audiences and devising digital campaigns that engage, inform and motivate
• Experience in optimising landing pages and user funnels
• Experience with A/B and multivariate experiments
• Solid knowledge of website analytics tools (e.g., Google Analytics, NetInsight, Omniture, WebTrends)
• Working knowledge of ad serving tools (e.g., DART, Atlas)
• Experience in setting up and optimising Google Adwords campaigns
• Experience with online video content provision and market
• Strong analytical skills and data-driven thinking
• Up-to-date with the latest trends and best practices in online marketing and measurement
How to Apply
email@example.com with your CV, a link to your LinkedIn profile, and a cover letter explaining why you believe you would be a good fit for the role.
Find jobs in Kenya. Jobs - Kenya jobs. Search our career portal & find the latest Kenyan job positions, career opportunities & jobs in Kenya.
Jobs in Kenya - banking jobs, IT jobs, accounting jobs, NGO jobs, business administration, ICT, UN jobs, procurement jobs, education jobs, hospital jobs, human resources jobs, engineering, teaching jobs, and other careers in Kenya.
Find your dream job from 1000s of vacancies in Kenya posted and updated daily - click here!
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Job Vacancies in Africa.