Diageo Quality Assurance Manager Jobs in Ghana
Diageo Quality Assurance Manager Jobs in Ghana
Context/Scope GGBL operates from two sites in four drinks categories: Stout, Lager, RTD and Malt as well as the distribution of Spirits. The business is the larger of the brewing businesses in Ghana holding circa 75% market share. Growth in the Ghana economy is expected to continue at mid to high single digit in a competitive environment. Consumers and customers in this region expect products of the highest quality. There is also growing middle classes who are likely to experiment with new products.
GGBL is undertaking significant change process, principally in the areas of accountability, quality maintenance practices, supply planning, cost reduction and efficiency. In line with its objectives GGBL will develop its people and create an environment that attracts and retains the best people. As the Supply function we will produce quality products in a safe environment at competitive costs, on time and in full with no errors.
The Quality Department ensures that all GGBL products are produced to conform to laid down specifications and that a high standard of hygiene is maintained in all production departments. The Quality Department plays a key role in the correction and prevention of deviations in the quality of the products and processes of GGBL in adherence to legislation, Diageo’ s policies and the Diageo Global Risk Management Standards. This is in order to satisfy Diageo’ s governance requirements.
• The role holder will need to support and implement specific plans to achieve standards. This role impacts on sales volumes in supply through driving GGBL’s quality and food safety agenda.
• Managing the GGBL Quality Management System and the Food Safety Management system. To frequently audit processes, product specifications, systems and procedures laid down by GGBL to ensure that quality requirements are met in the Brewing, Packaging and Utilities departments and Product under storage in the Full Beer Store.
• Working with Site Management and production departments to continuously implement and improve Food Safety and Quality procedures and standards.
• To comply with the relevant Diageo Global Risk Management Standards, Brand Technical Manuals and Heineken Basic Recipes and Process Standards
Commit to Occupational Health and Safety standards
state and articulate that Safety is our No.1 priority. Be visible as an ambassador for safety by behaving in a safe manner at all times and always challenging unsafe practices and behaviour of others, reprimanding where appropriate.
• Adhere strictly to the site safety rules and systems and equipment operational procedures.
• Enforce all aspects of the Food Safety and Quality Management System related to your department is followed and maintained.
• Manage the Quality Management System and the Food Safety Management system Manage the Quality department and the laboratory Be part and play an active role in the site management team concerning quality and food safety issues.
• Retain good relationships with the legislative bodies and key stakeholders concerning quality and food safety.
• Support production departments in the development, implementation and training of Quality and HACCP procedures, forms and reports.
Qualifications and Experience Required
• Excellent knowledge of Diageo, IBS and risk management processes and policies
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills
• Good auditing skills
• Change management skills
• Computer literate
• Influencing / Relationship Building skills
• Minimum of BSc grade or equal experience in chemistry, process technology, biochemistry., food technology or any related study.
• Knowledge of the Beer industry or experience in Quality management in other Food / Beverage industries.
• Able to lead or work effectively in cross-functional teams
Barriers to Success in Role
• Inability to connect and build positive relationships.
• Lack of understanding of the commercial and Demand agenda within the business.
• Inability to demonstrate key leadership qualities.
• The use of inappropriate language.
• Inability to manage people for success.
How to Apply
For more information and job application details, see; Diageo Quality Assurance Manager Jobs in Ghana
Find daily jobs in Ghana. Jobs - Ghana jobs. Search our career portal & find the latest Ghana job positions, career opportunities & jobs in Ghana.
Jobs in Ghana - banking jobs, IT jobs, accounting jobs, NGO jobs, business administration, ICT, UN jobs, procurement jobs, education jobs, hospital jobs, human resources jobs, engineering, teaching jobs, and other careers in Ghana.
Find your dream job from 1000s of vacancies in Ghana posted and updated daily - click here!
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to African Jobs.