Diageo Fermentation / Centrifuge Operator Jobs in Ghana
Diageo Fermentation / Centrifuge Operator Jobs in Ghana
• GGBPLC operates from two sites in five drinks categories: Stout, Lager, RTD, Non-alcoholic Malt and Mainstream spirits, as well as the distribution of Spirits.
• Growth in the Ghana economy is encouraged to continue at mid to high single digit in a driven environment.
• Consumers and customers in this region expect products of the highest quality. There is also growing middle classes who are likely to experiment with new products.
• GGBPLC is undertaking significant change process, principally in the areas of accountability, quality maintenance practices, supply planning, cost reduction and efficiency. In line with its objectives GGBPLC will develop its people and build an environment that attracts and retains the best people.
• As the Supply function we will produce quality products in a safe environment at driven costs, on time and in full with no errors.Role Purpose:
• The Brewing Technical operator is an individual with brewing operational expertise on beer brewing and fermentation profile and Beer Membrane Filtration (BMF) plant.
• He/she is responsible for ensuring the important metrics related to wort production, Lager Yeast Management, Fermentation, BMF plant and Beer Quality are being adhered to as defined by CODEX and DWB Standards, in addition to Safety, Flavour, waste and Excence in Supply Chain (EISC) requirements.
• He/She will support Brewing and Processing of GGBPLC brands by being reliable and efficient in their operations.Principal Accountabilities
• Commit to Occupational Health and Safety standards. Frequently state and articulate that Safety is our No.1 priority. Be visible as an ambassador for safety by behaving in a safe manner at all times and always challenging unsafe practices and behaviour of others, reprimanding where appropriate. Adhere technically to the site safety rules and systems and equipment operational procedures.
• Shall be committed to producing safe and quality products by following all instructions related to Food Safety and Quality Management Systems.
• Carryout all yeast management activities, including yeast propagation and gyling, and update all fermentation charts, and supervise beer processing to deliver required flavour profile Run the brewing plant to deliver the required volume and quality per shift, while reducing waste (cost) Complete the relevant short interval controls for Brewing process plant and Deaerated Liquor (DAL) plant operation, and ensure fermentation charts are fully updated at all times.
• Intensify supervising and implement short interval controls (SIC) to ensure DAL dissolved oxygen (DO) levels conform to Codex standards With support from Shift Brewing Managers, achieve production plan
and key performance target and deliver agreed customer service levels.
• Actively pursue training and development on individual and team and participate in competency based training programs. Support other team members development and develop positive relationship with colleagues including contractors.
• Share and apply new skills as acquired, participant in developmental cleaning and PIP’s to meet/exceed improvement target. Consider general opportunities to improve work areas.
• Compile and comments whatever reports are required either original report or those generated automatically. These include plant checklists and shift reports handover reports.
• Take part in team building and engagement activities at the departmental and site levels in order to deliver strong engagement index and improve ways of working.Qualifications and Experience Required
• Holder of post –secondary qualification in a science related course with 3 years’ experience: IBD General Certificate of Brewing, HND/BSc. in Chemical Engineering, Science Laboratory Technology, Chemistry, Biochemistry, or Food Science and Technology is ideal.
• Demonstrate detailed understanding of permit to work system and GGBPLC SHE policies, statutory requirements and responsibilities.
• Demonstrate understanding of team work principles, continuous improvement, preventative maintenance and problem solving.
• Response to change in positive outlook across a range of situations or challenges.
• Positive demeanor to own development and looks for opportunities to help others learn and develop.Barriers to Success in Role
• Lack of personal flexibility to function in tightly manned manufacturing environment with volatile production and sales demand.
• Poor inclination to pursue training and development on an individual and team basis or to share and apply new skills applied.
• Inability to connect and build positive relationship.
• Lack of understanding of the commercial and Demand agenda with the business.
• Skills level inadequate to successfully operate and maintain both new and ageing assets and technology.
• Inability to demonstrate key leadership skills.
• The use of inappropriate language. Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 36
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
How to Apply
For more information and job application details, see; Diageo Fermentation / Centrifuge Operator Jobs in Ghana
Find daily jobs in Ghana. Jobs - Ghana jobs. Search our career portal & find the latest Ghana job positions, career opportunities & jobs in Ghana.
Jobs in Ghana - banking jobs, IT jobs, accounting jobs, NGO jobs, business administration, ICT, UN jobs, procurement jobs, education jobs, hospital jobs, human resources jobs, engineering, teaching jobs, and other careers in Ghana.
Find your dream job from 1000s of vacancies in Ghana posted and updated daily - click here!