dfcu Bank Compliance Officer Jobs in Uganda
dfcu Bank Compliance Officer Jobs in Uganda Job Purpose: The Compliance Officer works in the capacity of a Financial Examiner to ensure the analysis of client relationships in conjunction with the Anti Money Laundering Act, Anti-terrorism Act, Fatca, Data Protection Legislation, Sanctions Program, OFAC, and other AML-related requirements.
It is a critical role in efforts to achieve and maintain dfcu Bank compliance with highly scrutinized and visible rules and regulations.
• Coordinate Customer Due Diligence initiatives & Enhanced Due Diligence reviews on high risk relationships.
• Carry out Independent AML / CFT risk assessments across Bank functions.
• AML / CFT analyst Coordinating transaction monitoring to ensure the Bank products and services are not used for Money Laundering and Terrorism Financing.
• Anti-Bribery & Corruption program monitoring, training & sensitization.
• Ensure Correspondent Banks’ compliance requirements are addressed in a timely manner.
• Supervise sanctions compliance monitoring.
• Supervise the Follow up on AML, CDD / KYC Audit and Regulatory Findings.
• Carry out staff training on Compliance Risk and preparation of quarterly reports on Compliance Risk Issues.
• Support all business units to comply with policies, laws, and regulations in order to protect the Bank from penalties for regulatory breaches, thus improving Corporate Governance and lowering reputational risk.
• Coordinate Statutory communications and compliance related matters.
• Maintain an updated funder’s covenants checklist on AML / CFT to ensure all requirements are complied with & carry out specific tests for compliance.
• Regular reviews of the functionality of the AML Tools and review of transaction alerts in the AML system or other monitoring tools.
Qualifications, Experience and Competencies Required:
• A Bachelor’s Degree in Business.
• Minimum of one (1) years’ experience in financial services and or working in a fast-paced and dynamic regulated environment.
• Strong leadership abilities will be an added advantage.
• Critical thinking, analysis, and problem-solving skills.
• Detail-oriented with strong research skills proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project).
• Confidentiality and sound business judgment.
• Ability to exercise discretion when performing duties assigned.
• Objective thinking.
How to Apply
If you believe you meet the requirements as noted above, please forward your application with a detailed CV including present position and copies of relevant professional/academic certificates (University Transcript, O & A level), by close of business on Wednesday 15th July 2020 to the email address indicated below:
dfcu Bank is committed to give equal opportunities in employment and aims to ensure that it does not discriminate against gender or race. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted through +256 312 300469
Disclaimer: dfcu Bank does not solicit/accept payment in cash/kind from prospective candidates in exchange for shortlisting or job placement. Any candidate who engages in this kind of transaction is aiding and abetting fraud and will be automatically disqualified.
Find jobs in Uganda. Jobs - Uganda jobs. Search our career portal & find the latest Ugandan job positions, career opportunities & jobs in Uganda.
Jobs in Uganda - banking jobs, IT jobs, accounting jobs, NGO jobs, business administration, ICT, UN jobs, procurement jobs, education jobs, hospital jobs, human resources jobs, engineering, teaching jobs, and other careers in Uganda.
Find your dream job from 1000s of vacancies in Uganda posted and updated daily - click here!
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Job Vacancies in Africa.