Devex Institutional Capacity Building Manager Jobs in Kenya
Devex Institutional Capacity Building Manager Jobs in Kenya
Job Details: Devex Talent Solutions is assisting Tanager, an international nonprofit that connects smallholder producers and private businesses to co-create new ways of realizing life-changing economic and social opportunity in looking for an Institutional Capacity Building Manager - Local Service Provider based in their office in Nairobi, Kenya.
Tanager is implementing two programs with a focus on gender mainstreaming and nutrition integration. The Impacting Gender & Nutrition through Innovative Technical Exchange in Agriculture (IGNITE) mechanism is a five-year investment implemented by Tanager to improve household nutrition and women’s empowerment by strengthening African institutions’ ability to integrate nutrition and gender into their way of doing business and their agriculture interventions.
IGNITE works with African institutions to design, implement, and evaluate nutrition-sensitive and gender-integrated agriculture interventions. IGNITE will also strengthen the ability of African institutions to incorporate nutrition and gender equality into their policy priorities and business practices—their way of doing business.
Based on the interventions implemented by IGNITE clients, IGNITE will identify key mechanisms and drivers of demand for the scale up and replication of nutrition-sensitive and gender-integrated interventions. IGNITE activities will be targeted in Burkina Faso, Ethiopia, Nigeria, and Tanzania. Current project clients include NGOs, private sector companies, and government bodies working in agriculture.
The African Poultry Multiplication Initiative (APMI) is a two-year investment with the primary objective to provide technical assistance (TA) to three APMI poultry companies to reach APMI’s goals of increasing women’s access to poultry production resources and increasing consumption of chicken and eggs by rural communities in Nigeria and Tanzania. Tanager works with the poultry companies to help them understand the value of gender and nutrition integration, as well as helping them design messages or outreach strategies that will allow them to reach their objectives.
Tanager is seeking an exceptional individual for the position of Institutional Capacity Building Manager - Local Service Provider with experience in technical capacity building and program coordination. This position will be based in the Tanager office in Nairobi, Kenya, and will report to the Team Leader. This position will manage the delivery of services by local service providers to IGNITE clients in close coordination with the technical experts; the Institutional Capacity Building Manager - Local Service Provider will also be responsible for coordinating identification, contracting, onboarding and capacity building of the local service providers to ensure they are equipped to deliver IGNITE services.
Over the long term the Institutional Capacity Building Manager - Local Service Provider will ensure that LSPs have the ability to continue providing gender and nutrition technical support to clients within the agriculture sector in their respective countries.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Identification and recruitment of local service providers (15%)
• Provide guidance in the identification, scouting and recruitment of potential local service providers in the four IGNITE focus countries.
• Lead the development of request for proposals, templates for review of proposals, case studies and technical interviews to identify potential local service providers.
• Lead and coordinate the technical experts through the screening process for LSPs.
• Work with the procurement officer to coordinate contracting of identified local service providers.
Onboarding and institutional capacity building of LSPs (25%)
• Coordinate the planning and execution of the initial IGNITE onboarding for contracted local service providers with the project assistant and technical team.
• Lead in the design and delivery of the onboarding sessions including facilitation, content creation and sharing all necessary start up resources after onboarding.
• In consultation with each LSP and IGNITE technical team, lead the identification, design and delivery of tailored institutional capacity for the LSPs based on technical capacity areas of demand by
IGNITE clients. This is to ensure that the LSP are well equipped to meet the needs of IGNITE and IGNITE clients.
Coordinating and managing demand, delivery, quality assurance of LSP support to IGNITE clients (60%)
• Coordinate with the technical experts to generate and maintain a pipeline of demand for LSP to deliver technical support to IGNITE clients.
• Coordinate matching demand and LSP workflow to ensure LSPs deliver on time, on target and on budget.
• In collaboration with the deputy team leader, coordinate quality assurance of all LSP deliverables to ensure high quality deliverables and client satisfaction with the service provision by the LSPs.
• Work with the Team Leader and Project Manager to define and execute a sustainable transition plan and business model for IGNITE type of services with LSPs.
• Coordinate learning and networking among local service providers.
Other duties as assigned by your supervisor.
• Bachelor’s degree in international development, development economics, gender studies, nutrition. project management or other relevant field required, Master’s preferred.
• Minimum of 8 years of experience managing technical capacity building programs in the Agriculture, Gender, Nutrition, Food security sectors in Sub Saharan Africa. 5 years’ of this experience would be in developing capacity building plans, facilitating training on gender mainstreaming/nutrition integration in agriculture, providing technical support to government and/or private sector clients; OR an equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Demonstrated knowledge and skills in designing and implementing tools and approaches to support government and private sector institutions in integrating gender and/or in their agriculture work.
• Proven ability to successfully design and facilitate participatory training and workshops.
• Demonstrated experience in offering technical assistance or advisory services in the agriculture sector.
• Excellent understanding of global and continental commitment mechanisms for gender and nutrition in agriculture for stakeholders like governments and private sector; ability to design technical assistance that enhances accountability.
• Demonstrated knowledge of social and behavior change communication theory and techniques.
• Experience working with agricultural market systems, rural producers, farmers’ associations, agribusinesses, private sector agricultural production, marketing, or sales, and/or governments.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills required. Ability to build relationships and rapport with teams, staff, and clients and navigate challenging or unexpected circumstances with creativity, calm, and positivity. Ability to communicate effectively with persons on all levels both inside and outside the company on issues that could be complex or sensitive in nature.
• Excellent client relationship management skills.
• Adaptable and innovative. Collaborative and open to feedback. Able to work independently and in a team setting.
• Strong analytical skills, including ability to gather and analyze a variety of information pertaining to issues and to develop appropriate recommendations for action.
• Strong written communication skills, including demonstrated ability to write required documents in a clear, concise, well-organized manner.
• Advanced computer skills in a Windows based environment including Word, Outlook, PowerPoint and Excel.
• Fluency in English and French, written and oral, required.
• Travel in Sub-Saharan Africa expected 40%.
• Applicants from African countries strongly encouraged to apply.
Experience in Months: 96
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree.
How to Apply
For more information and job application details, see; Devex Institutional Capacity Building Manager Jobs in Kenya
Find jobs in Kenya. Jobs - Kenya jobs. Search our career portal & find the latest Kenyan job positions, career opportunities & jobs in Kenya.
Jobs in Kenya - banking jobs, IT jobs, accounting jobs, NGO jobs, business administration, ICT, UN jobs, procurement jobs, education jobs, hospital jobs, human resources jobs, engineering, teaching jobs, and other careers in Kenya.
Find your dream job from 1000s of vacancies in Kenya posted and updated daily - click here!
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Africa Jobs.