Development Innovation Ventures (DIV) Consultant - Team Lead Jobs in Kenya
Development Innovation Ventures (DIV) Consultant - Team Lead Jobs in Kenya SoCha (a word created by combining the terms Social and Change) is an independent Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (ME&L) firm that provides bespoke solutions to social challenges
To support USAID/Kenya East Africa (KEA) to align programming toward promoting self-reliance outcomes, SoCha LLC has recently been awarded and will implement a two-year (optional three-year) mission support program to enable USAID to pivot into this journey to self-reliance (J2SR).
To support this journey, the J2SR program will support USAID/KEA to understand context, align programs, collect data, understand complexity, and apply learning to program adaptation.
Scope of Work
To support the work of the project, SoCha seeks a Development Innovation Ventures (DIV) Consultant - Team Lead .
The MSP program, implemented by SoCha LLC, seeks a consultant to serve as a team leader for a review of USAID’s Development Innovation Ventures (DIV) program grantees Key Performance Indictors (KPIs).
The consultant will be contracted by SoCha and will report directly to the SoCha MSP Chief of Party.
USAID’s DIV program made a total of 36 grants to support the development and scaling of innovations in Kenya. Of these, 27 grants are now closed, 7 are active and 2 were closed prior to completion.
vThe DIV program wants to obtain recent and historical KPIs for closed grants to assess the degree to which the innovation was scaled after USAID’s funding.
Roles and Responsibilities
The consultant will undertake the following tasks:
• Undertake a desk review of publicly available information on the DIV grantees’ performance.
• Develop an inception report inclusive of data collection tools. The tools should aim to determine the current operating status of the grantee and factors that lead to the success or failure of the grantee in scaling their innovation following DIV’s grant.
• Conduct interviews with past DIV grantees and obtain the KPIs as determined relevant by USAID, as well as others contextually relevant for the innovation or organization.
• Verify and update current contact information including names, titles and e-mail addresses for key personnel at the grantee.
• Propose a methodology to rapidly assess KPI data quality. The methodology should focus on the systems, processes, tools and personnel used to collect, clean, store and report KPIs and be easily implemented without significant in person gathering of evidence as required in a traditional Data Quality Assessment.
• Prepare a report inclusive of findings and the collected data sets.
• Make a presentation to the Mission and DIV team including quantitative data received as well as qualitative and contextual information on success factors and information on the assessed data quality.
The following deliverables will be required:
• Inception report inclusive of data collection methodology and tools.
• DIV Grantee Performance Report
• Dissemination workshop with USAID/Washington and K/EA and other key stakeholders.
Minimum Qualifications and Experience
• Minimum of post-graduate qualifications in social sciences, statistics, economics, international development or any other quantitative fields.
• Over five years’ experience in undertaking qualitative and quantitative research and evaluation.
• Specific experience related to DIV grantees, preferred.
• More than five years’ experience work on USAID projects.
• Experience in writing high level reports.
• Experience in evaluation dissemination to high level stakeholders.
• Strong communication skills, excellent client relations.
Nairobi, Kenya or remote with the ability to teleconference, but preference will be given to candidates based in Kenya.
LOE or Contract Length:
The consultant is expected to start working in May 2020, for a period of approximately 30 days
How to Apply
For more information and job application details, see; Development Innovation Ventures (DIV) Consultant - Team Lead Jobs in Kenya
Find jobs in Kenya. Jobs - Kenya jobs. Search our career portal & find the latest Kenyan job positions, career opportunities & jobs in Kenya.
Jobs in Kenya - banking jobs, IT jobs, accounting jobs, NGO jobs, business administration, ICT, UN jobs, procurement jobs, education jobs, hospital jobs, human resources jobs, engineering, teaching jobs, and other careers in Kenya.
Find your dream job from 1000s of vacancies in Kenya posted and updated daily - click here!
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Job Vacancies in Africa.