Desert Locust Control Organization for Eastern Africa Operations Coordinator Jobs in Kenya
Desert Locust Control Organization for Eastern Africa Operations Coordinator Jobs in KenyaJob DetailsThe Desert Locust Control Organization for Eastern Africa (DLCO-EA) is a Regional Organization established by an International Convention signed by the Governments of Djibouti, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Kenya, Somalia, South Sudan, Sudan, Tanzania and Uganda. Our mandate is to control Migratory Pests in the Region namely Desert locusts, Quelea birds, Armyworms and Tsetse flies
Summary of Duties & Responsibilities
• The Operations Coordinator is responsible for directing field operations in Kenya, coordinating personnel and Aircraft movement within the Region, as well as administrative and financial functions of the Nairobi Control Reserve Base.
He/she represents the Director in making contacts with the Government of Kenya.
The Operations Coordinator is also responsible for the overall smooth running of the DLCO-EA Operations Base at Wilson Airport.
• He/She is responsible for the preparation and consolidation of the annual draft budget of the execution of the approved budget in accordance with the Financial and Service Regulations.
He/she is responsible for the maintenance, safeguarding and utilization of the Organization's assets at the Base
• A Master of Science (M.Sc.) Degree in Agriculture or related field from a recognized University.
• At least five years of experience in Plant Protection work which includes supervisory and/or administrative experience in migratory pest control.
• Proven Ability to coordinate and manage operational and administrative activities related to a variety of pest control programmes.
• Ability to work in harmony with people of different nationalities and cultural backgrounds is highly desirable.
• Age 40-55 years.
• The applicants must be nationals of the Republic of Kenya.
How to Apply
Interested applicants should fill the prescribed form and submit together with a cover letter, detailed CV, copies of Certificates and Testimonials within 30days after publication of the Advert to:
firstname.lastname@example.org / email@example.com / firstname.lastname@example.org
Deliver by hand to:
DLCO-EA Operations Office (Registry)
Nairobi - during Office hours (8.00 a.m to 4.30pm)
Find jobs in Kenya. Jobs - Kenya jobs.Search our career portal & find the latest Kenyan job positions,career opportunities & jobs in Kenya.
Jobs in Kenya - banking jobs, IT jobs, accounting jobs, NGO jobs,business administration, ICT, UN jobs, procurement jobs, education jobs, hospital jobs, human resources jobs, engineering, teaching jobs,and other careers in Kenya.
Find your dream job from 1000s of vacancies in Kenya posted and updated daily - click here!
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Job Vacancies in Africa.