Desert Locust Control Organization for Eastern Africa Director Jobs in Uganda
Desert Locust Control Organization for Eastern Africa Director Jobs in UgandaJob Details The Desert Locust Control Organization for Eastern Africa (DLCO-EA) is a Regional Organization established by an International Convention signed by the Governments of Djibouti, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Kenya, Somalia, South Sudan, Sudan, Tanzania and Uganda. Our mandate is to control Migratory Pests in the Region namely Desert locusts, Quelea birds, Armyworms and Tsetse flies.
The Organization invites applications to fill the positions of Director and Aircraft Engineers. The applicants must be Nationals of the contracting Member States.
Duties & Responsibilities:
Working under the Governing Council of Ministers, the Director shall be the Principal Executive Officer responsible for the overall policy direction and operations of the Organization.
The duties of the Director shall be those necessary to ensure the discharge of the main functions of the Organization which include:
• Aerial surveys and control of mandated migrant pests,
• Operational research programmes and activities focusing on the control of migrant pests, pesticide use and safety,
• Coordination of the information flow and forecasting upsurges of the migrant pests; and
• Staff development.
The Director shall also be responsible for
• The transmission by means of periodic reports to Contracting States, to the The Director shall also be responsible to: The transmission by means of periodic reports to Contracting States, to the Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) of the United Nations and to any other official body considered appropriate by the Council, of full information on the nature of the locust infestations and other mandated pests, the progress of research and the operation of control measures within the Region,
• The maintenance of full cooperation with other Organizations concerned with the general directives of the Council,
• The collection of the contributions of Contracting States,
• The maintenance of the Organization ‘s Financial Accounts.
• A Master of Science (M.Sc.) Degree in Agriculture or related field from a recognized University. An earned PhD will be an added advantage preferable,
• Postgraduate training in Business Administration management.
• Working experience of not less than 10 years in a senior level Management in a related discipline,
• Proven ability to work in harmony with people of different nationalities and cultural backgrounds are highly desirable.
• Age limits: 40-55 years
How to Apply
Visit our Website and download the Application Form under "News and Events/Vacancies and Announcements”.
Interested applicants should fill the prescribed form and submit together with a cover letter, detailed CV, copies of Certiﬁcates and Testimonials within 30 days after publication of the Advert to:
The Director, DLCO-EA
P.0. Box 4255
Addis Ababa, Ethiopia.
Copy to: firstname.lastname@example.org / email@example.com / firstname.lastname@example.org
OR Post to:
Plot 32/36, P. 0 Box 9134, Kampala, Uganda
Or Deliver by hand to: The DLCO-EA Country Base
Manager, Plot 32/36, Bombo Road, Kampala,
Tels. 0414-237861/ 0702-803655/ 0774262422
Find jobs in Uganda. Jobs - Uganda jobs. Search our career portal & find the latest Ugandan job positions, career opportunities & jobs in Uganda.
Jobs in Uganda - banking jobs, IT jobs, accounting jobs, NGO jobs, business administration, ICT, UN jobs, procurement jobs, education jobs, hospital jobs, human resources jobs, engineering, teaching jobs, and other careers in Uganda.
Find your dream job from 1000s of vacancies in Uganda posted and updated daily - click here!
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Job Vacancies in Africa.