Desert Locust Control Organization for Eastern Africa Director Jobs in Kenya
Desert Locust Control Organization for Eastern Africa Director Jobs in KenyaJob DetailsThe Desert Locust Control Organization for Eastern Africa (DLCO-EA) is a Regional Organization established by an International Convention signed by the Governments of Djibouti, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Kenya, Somalia, South Sudan, Sudan, Tanzania and Uganda.
Our mandate is to control Migratory Pests in the Region namely Desert locusts, Quelea birds, Armyworms and Tsetse flies.
Salary and Benefits
A competitive salary and Benefits package will be offered according to the Organization salary structure.
Working under the Governing Council of Ministers, the Director shall be the Principal Executive Officer responsible for the overall policy direction and operations of the Organization.
The duties of the Director shall be those necessary to ensure the discharge of the main functions of the Organization which include
• Aerial surveys and control of mandated migrant pests
• Operational research programmes and activities focusing on the control of migrant pests, pesticide use and safety
• Coordination of the information flow and forecasting upsurges of the migrant pests; and
• Staff development.
The Director shall also be responsible for
• The transmission by means of periodic reports to Contracting States, to the Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations and to any other official body considered appropriate by the Council of full information on the nature of the locust infestations and other mandated pests, the progress of research and the operation of control measures within the Region;
• The maintenance of full cooperation with other Organizations concerned with the general directives of the Council;
• A Master of Science (M.Sc.) Degree in Agriculture or related field from a recognized University. An earned PhD will be an added advantage/preferable.
• Postgraduate training in Business Administration/Management.
• Working experience of not less than 10 years in a senior level Management in a related discipline.
• Proven ability to work in harmony with people of different nationalities and cultural backgrounds is highly desirable.
• Age 40-55 years.
• The applicants must be nationals of the contracting Member States.
How to Apply
Interested applicants should fill the prescribed form and submit together with a cover letter, detailed CV, copies of Certificates and Testimonials within 30days after publication of the Advert to:
email@example.com / firstname.lastname@example.org / email@example.com
Deliver by hand to:
DLCO-EA Operations Office (Registry)
Nairobi - during Office hours (8.00 a.m to 4.30pm)
Find jobs in Kenya. Jobs - Kenya jobs.Search our career portal & find the latest Kenyan job positions,career opportunities & jobs in Kenya.
Jobs in Kenya - banking jobs, IT jobs, accounting jobs, NGO jobs,business administration, ICT, UN jobs, procurement jobs, education jobs, hospital jobs, human resources jobs, engineering, teaching jobs,and other careers in Kenya.
Find your dream job from 1000s of vacancies in Kenya posted and updated daily - click here!
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Job Vacancies in Africa.