Daystar University Senior Systems Developer Jobs in Kenya
Daystar University Senior Systems Developer Jobs in Kenya Daystar University is a chartered inter-denominational and evangelical Christian University.
Its mission is to develop Christian Servant Leaders for the expansion of God’s kingdom in Africa and the world.
We invite applications from suitably qualified candidates to fill the following vacant positions.
Applicants to these positions must be committed Christians, who show evidence of involvement in their local churches
Senior Systems Developer
Purpose of the Job
Participating in the creation of new products and enhancements to existing products from concept to launch as part of a cross-functional project team to achieve compelling easy to use ICT products.
• Bachelors’ degree in Computer Science or its equivalent from an accredited University.
• Five (5) years relevant experience. Experience in academic institution of higher learning is an
• Experience in Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) systems, NAVISION and related integrations
with Library, HR & Payroll systems.
• Certificate in ITIL, Project Management will be an added advantage.
• Masters’ degree in Computer Science will be an added advantage
• Registered with the relevant professional bodies
• Christian commitment and practice
• Analysing user requirements, researching, designing and writing new software programs
• Develop software solutions by studying information needs; conferring with users; studying systems
flow, data usage, and work processes; investigating problem areas; following the software
• Determine operational feasibility by evaluating analysis, problem definition, requirements, solution
development, and proposed solutions.
• Documenting and demonstrating solutions by developing the documentation, flowcharts, layouts,
diagrams, charts, code comments, and clear code.
• Responding promptly and professionally to bug reports.
• Improve operations by conducting systems analysis recommending changes in policies and
• Obtains and licenses software by obtaining required information from vendors; recommending
purchases; testing and approving products
• Evaluating the software and systems that make computers and hardware work.
• Writing operational documentation with technical authors.
• Maintaining systems by monitoring and correcting software defects.
• Working closely with other staff, such as project managers, graphic designers, developers,
systems analysts, among others.
• Protect operations by keeping the information confidential.
• Preparation of training manuals and training users.
• Continually updating technical knowledge and skills by attending in-house and/or external courses,
reading manuals and accessing new applications.
• Ensuring Christian and appropriate behaviour, both internal and external, in line with the
• Implementing change initiatives to achieve desired business plans and culture
How to Apply
For more information and job application details, see; Daystar University Senior Systems Developer Jobs in Kenya
Find jobs in Kenya. Jobs - Kenya jobs. Search our career portal & find the latest Kenyan job positions, career opportunities & jobs in Kenya.
Jobs in Kenya - banking jobs, IT jobs, accounting jobs, NGO jobs, business administration, ICT, UN jobs, procurement jobs, education jobs, hospital jobs, human resources jobs, engineering, teaching jobs, and other careers in Kenya.
Find your dream job from 1000s of vacancies in Kenya posted and updated daily - click here!
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Job Vacancies in Africa.