DAPP - Assistant Human Resources Manager Jobs in Zambia
DAPP - Assistant Human Resources Manager Jobs in Zambia Development Aid from People to People (DAPP) is a nationally registered NGO working with development projects in the fields of education, health, agriculture and other poverty alleviation programmes. Projects are carried out in all the provinces of Zambia reaching over 1 million people. Key funding partners include the Government of Zambia, national and international development organisations (USAID, EU, Global Fund, WFP and more) as well as private sector organisations.
DAPP in Zambia is seeking qualified and experienced individuals to fill the position of Temporary Human Resources Manager to be based at the DAPP in Zambia Headquarters in Ndola. .
Essential Job Functions include
• Deliver the administrative support for the recruitment process, including assisting in the updating of job descriptions, placing adverts, responding to applications, arranging interviews and keeping records of the process.
• Send out offer letters, accompanying documents, references and contracts of employment to new employees in a timely manner and complete the new employees procedure, including coordinating the induction of new employees.
• Process Human Resources (HR) data and payroll/HRIS entries and reports in the DOVE HR management information system in a timely manner and in compliance with established practices; maintain up-to-date documentation, file/scan related personnel records.
• Keep track of employee changes such as starters, leavers, salary changes, etc. and work with the Payroll Administrator to communicate changes to the payroll on a monthly basis and resolve any payroll queries.
• Monitor probation periods in liaison with line managers and advise to confirm completion or extension.
• Maintain records and logging systems for performance review forms, annual leave and absence and ensure all personnel files are up to date.
• As directed, provide guidance to employees and line management in regard to HR policies and practices and relevant employment law.
• Support managers with performance management and disciplinary meetings and procedures
• As requested, conduct investigations, coordinate with department management and advise on the process for employee coaching and corrective actions.
• Consolidate HR reports from the project HR Officers into monthly/quarterly reports and prepare documents and presentations as required.
• Deputise and, or represent the HR Manager as need arises.
Qualifications and Skills
• HR degree with at least 3 years’ experience, or Diploma with at least 5 years’ experience
• Associate Member, or better of the Zambia Institute of Human Resources Management, with valid practicing licence
• Computer proficiency in MS Office and competence with DOVE HRIS, or similar HR Information system
• Good knowledge of Zambian employment laws
• Attention to detail and organizational skills, with excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to handle multiple demands, work under time pressure and meet deadlines, with objectivity, neutrality and calmness under pressure
• Personal integrity to handle confidential information
How to Apply
• Applications with detailed Curriculum Vitae (CVs) and minimum 3 referees must be received by 28th July, 2020.
• The cover letter and CV must be one document, and the applicant’s name must be the document title.
• Indicate the job title as the subject of your email.
• Please indicate your current, or last salary and benefits in the cover letter.
• Do not attach certificates and other documentation at this stage.
Please submit applications to these emails:
firstname.lastname@example.org with copy to email@example.com .
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Jobs in Zambia.