Cycle Connect M&E Manager Jobs in Uganda
Cycle Connect M&E Manager Jobs in Uganda
Position Summary Cycle Connect is looking for a determined, analytical, and solution-driven Monitoring & Evaluation (M&E) Manager to take on the challenge of designing and testing Cycle Connect’s new evaluation tools. Cycle Connect does not yet have an in-house M&E team, but creating these evaluation tools will be the first, catalytic step to establishing a strong impact department.
The M&E Manager will work closely with an external M&E consultant to create a quantitative evaluation framework with key indicators to measure farmers’ income change, as well as designing data collection tools to collect the key indicators within Cycle Connect’s operations. The external M&E consultant is an expert researcher who will provide the internal M&E Manager with feedback on deliverables, strategic advice, and mentorship throughout the process.
M&E tools: design and testing (70%):
● Work with the M&E consultant to create an initial framework on how to assess Cycle Connect’s workflows and interview staff.
● Use the initial framework to research and understand Cycle Connect’s client profiles, products, business operations, data points, and M&E needs.
● Work with the M&E consultant to test assumptions and proxies to design a quantitative evaluation framework with key indicators to measure farmers’ income change.
● Work with the M&E consultant to design and test data collection tools to collect the key indicators within Cycle Connect’s operations in a reliable and valid manner.
● Undertake lean research management: quickly testing assumptions in the field, efficiently validating learnings and iterating the tools at low costs.
Building organizational M&E capacity, storage, and quality-control (20%):
● Train Cycle Connect’s field team on how to use the new tools and understand how it measures income change.
● Train enumerators and ensure that their work is accurate and in line with the research objectives.
● Work with the M&E consultant to provide strategic recommendations on how to efficiently implement the tools within Cycle Connect’s operations and what additional infrastructure needs to be built.
● Store impact data in a secure database, assuring that the data is accurate before reporting the feedback to stakeholders.
Qualitative research and special projects (10%):
● Work on specific research projects and qualitative studies outside this scope may additionally be requested during the year depending on your workload at the time.
Essential skills we are looking
● You have 5-7 years of experience in program implementation with at least 3 years in monitoring and evaluation and are ready to take on the day-to-day management of an M&E project.
● You have strong analysis skills with working knowledge of qualitative and quantitative statistical packages (Excel, R, SPSS, STATA, Nvivo OR Dedoose).
Candidates should have knowledge of descriptive and inferential statistics.
Candidates should have a minimum of a bachelor’s degree. An additional 2 years of
experience would be considered in place of a masters.
University degree in one or more of the following disciplines: M&E, statistics, nutrition,
economics, agriculture, international affairs, social sciences, development studies, project
management and or similar relevant disciplines.
● You are able to conduct high-quality quantitative and qualitative research using M&E frameworks and indicators.
● You have an analytical thought process and are able to make data-driven decisions in a fast paced, start-up environment.
● You are capable of using lean project management and problem-solving techniques to conceptualize and design M&E tools with limited resources.
● You are passionate about social impact and improving the lives of those in the last mile.
You will impress us further if you
● Are a fluent Acholi speaker who is able to speak directly to our clients in the field without the need for a translator.
● Have previously worked with a smaller social enterprise in East Africa.
● You have direct experience in at least one of these thematic areas: agriculture, livelihoods, income change, financial inclusion (of productive assets).
● Have direct lean project management experience: testing assumptions, quickly validating learnings and iterating at low costs.
● Evidence of designing a successful research tool or system implemented by another organization.
● Have experience in database management, data security and processing.
How to Apply
For more information and job application details, see; Cycle Connect M&E Manager Jobs in Uganda
Find jobs in Uganda. Jobs - Uganda jobs. Search our career portal & find the latest Ugandan job positions, career opportunities & jobs in Uganda.
Jobs in Uganda - banking jobs, IT jobs, accounting jobs, NGO jobs, business administration, ICT, UN jobs, procurement jobs, education jobs, hospital jobs, human resources jobs, engineering, teaching jobs, and other careers in Uganda.
Find your dream job from 1000s of vacancies in Uganda posted and updated daily - click here!
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Africa Jobs.