CRS Senior Project Officer - Land Rights Jobs in Uganda
CRS Senior Project Officer - Land Rights Jobs in UgandaGeneral Job Summary:
Under the supervision of the Homes and Communities Program Manager, the Land Rights Senior Project Officer – HLP will:
• Carry out an assessment of the context in Bidibidi refugee settlement and surrounding host communities to determine
the current legal framework related to HLP. If one does not exist, in
• consultation with camp management, local government, NGO actors and refugee welfare committees lead the development of a legal framework for HLP;
• Prepare documentation for securing agricultural land access and rental agreements whilst ensuring rights of refugees and landowners are protected;
• Lead identification of landowners and liaise with them with regard to access arrangements;
• Lead discussions on Natural Resource Management with the community and local authorities;
• Monitor compliance with existing tenancy/land agreements;
• Manage landowner/access database;
• Produce regular reporting updates on the status of land access/tenancy related to CRS operations and the wider community;
• Compile and submit timely weekly activity reports and monthly progress reports
• Advise management about issues affecting project implementation, or key local issues affecting future project developments;
• Elaborate, compile and maintain database of protection referrals and support in the follow-up of referred cases as appropriate, including cases that are referred through the Community Centers;
• Elaborate, compile and maintain key protection and gender resources library;
• Form and build relationships to maximize the potential for collaborative programming with Local Government;
• Support Accountability staff to ensure Feedback Response Mechanisms (FRM) are in place and are accessible to all members of the community;
• Ensure protection and environmental issues are fully considered throughout the project cycle with women, elderly, most vulnerable being included in decision-making for all project activities;
• As required, lead trainings on HLP and awareness raising campaigns within target communities.
• Contribute in collecting good practices, case studies for documentation, evidence-building and demonstration. alternative solutions and designs that can reach scale;
• Pilot alternative HLP related solutions and processes for families to attain safe dignified home and community.Education and Experience:
• Bachelor's degree or higher in law, agriculture, agroforestry, economic, business or social sciences from a recognized academic institution.
• Experience with HLP and land negotiation in refugee and host communities in West Nile.
• Minimum 5 years’ professional experience. Appropriate relevant and comprehensive experience in the field of humanitarian response/early recovery with markets-based cash/voucher programming, agricultural livelihoods, or shelter/WASH experience a plus.
• Must have experience working in Housing, Land and Property and a demonstrated understanding of regulatory environment within the context of Ugandan refugee settlements.
• Good knowledge and experience of working with local partners.
• Proven experience in liaison with all levels of Local Government.
• Fluent English language
(speaking and writing)Desirable Attributes:
• A capacity and desire to pass on skills and information, a confident communicator and willing to work in a collaborative and respectful way with target communities.
• Flexibility and ability to work under pressure and meeting deadlines in changing situationsRequired/Desired Foreign Language:
• Knowledge of the local languages spoken by South Sudanese and host communities living on or near Bidibidi settlementTravel:
• The position will be based in Yumbe with regular travel to Kyangwali Refugee settlement. Occasional travel to Kampala for training and workshops.Work Relationships: Internal: Homes and Communities Program Manager, Head of Office – Yumbe, Emergency Coordinator – Kyangwali, Operations Manager – Yumbe, Gender and Protection Mainstreaming Sr. Project Officer, Community Engagement Project Manager, Shelter Project Manager, Community Engagement Officers, Sr. Program Manager for Emergencies, MEAL staff, Yumbe-based office staff
External: Caritas Arua, Local Government, implementing local and international NGO staff
Agency-Wide Competencies (for all CRS staff):
These are rooted in the mission, values, and principles of CRS and used by each staff member to fulfill his or her responsibilities and to achieve the desired results.
• Serves with Integrity
• Models Stewardship
• Cultivates Constructive Relationships
• Promotes Learning
Each staff member working in emergencies is expected to use the following competencies to fulfill his or her responsibilities and to achieve the desired results.
• Communicates strategically under pressure
• Manages stress and complexity
• Actively promotes safety and security
• Manages and implements high-quality emergency programs
Influence Competencies (for all Homes and Communities Staff):
• Effectively communicates the agency’s priorities and leverages local relationships to bring stakeholders perspective to decision-makers, based on job-specific responsibilities
• Understand, recognize and facilitate opportunities for influence at the project/program level
• Strategically represents the technical sector for influence
How to Apply
To apply, please follow these instructions exactly otherwise your application will NOT be considered: Email a cover letter and CV only to
firstname.lastname@example.org by July 3rd, 2020 at 5:00pm.
• Large files and/or scans of documents will lead to rejection of your application, in the subject line of the email, copy and paste – SENIORPROJECTOFFICERLANDRIGHTS only
• All applications that do not contain this exact subject line will be rejected and not read
ONLY SELECTED CANDIDATES THAT MEET THE REQUIREMENTS WILL BE NOTIFIED. EOE/M/F/D/V
Find jobs in Uganda. Jobs - Uganda jobs. Search our career portal & find the latest Ugandan job positions, career opportunities & jobs in Uganda.
Jobs in Uganda - banking jobs, IT jobs, accounting jobs, NGO jobs, business administration, ICT, UN jobs, procurement jobs, education jobs, hospital jobs, human resources jobs, engineering, teaching jobs, and other careers in Uganda.
Find your dream job from 1000s of vacancies in Uganda posted and updated daily - click here!