CRS Consultant to Develop Demand Creation Materials Jobs in Uganda
CRS Consultant to Develop Demand Creation Materials Jobs in UgandaObjectives of The Activity:
• Conduct consultative meetings with caregivers/parents of infants, children and adolescents to gain their perspectives on the appropriateness of the demand creation and patient literacy messages being developed
• Review Draft Zero of the demand creation and patient literacy materials that was developed during the February 2020 workshop, and incorporate feedback received from the caregivers/parent’s consultations.
• Develop and finalize Demand Creation and literacy Manual for sensitizing and mobilizing communities on Pediatric and Adolescent HIV services ( on Early infant diagnosis and mother-baby pair retention, Index testing of biologic children of HIV positive women, stigma reduction, treatment literacy, prevention and response to gender-based violence, and use of HIV risk assessment tool)
• Review and adapt the FCI messages of Hope for use by faith and community leaders.Specific Tasks:
Using Human-Centered Design, the consultant will undertake the following activities:
• Conduct consultative meetings with caregivers of infants, children and adolescents to solicit their ideas/perspective on the demand creation and patient literacy messages for Early infant diagnosis, mother- baby pair retention, index testing of biological children of HIV positive children, stigma reduction, treatment literacy, prevention and response to gender-based violence and use HIV screening eligibility tool. Two-three meetings with caregivers/parents from varied settings (e.g. health facilities in the urban/peri-urban, rural) may inform the process.
• Use the information gained from the consultative meetings to review, design and finalize demand creation and patient literacy reference materials for non- clinical materials.
• Review, adapt and incorporate key FCI messages for use by faith and cultural leaders
• Conduct pre-test of the developed materials in selected sites.
• Present the demand creation and literacy reference materials to national key stakeholders' meeting with representation from FBOs, CSO, networks of PLWHIV, MoH, USG/PEPFAR to validate and finalize reference materials
• Finalize the materials including graphic design, editing, type setting of the demand creation and patient literacy reference manual for use by non-clinical platforms
• Produce a Pastoral letter for use by Religious and Faith leaders to create demand and sensitize their communities for pediatric and adolescent HIV care servicesDeliverables of the Consultancy:
• Inception report – This report should outline in detail how the consultant/firm intends to implement the work assignment, including the consultant’s understanding of the technical scope and intended goals, methodology, implementation plan, timelines and deliverables.
• A report of the consultative meetings with the caregivers/parents of infants, children and adolescents living with HIV documenting their perspectives on the demand creation and patient literacy messages
• A process report of the review of the draft zero of the demand creation and patient literacy materials and recommendations for improvement.
• A process report of the review and recommendations for adaptation of the faith and community initiatives messages of Hope.
• A report of the pre-testing of the demand creation, patient literacy and messages of Hope and recommended changes/modifications identified from the pre-testing activity.
• A faith and cultural leader’s demand creation and patient literacy reference manual containing messages on: Early infant diagnosis of HIV exposed infants, mother-baby pair retention, Index testing of biologic children of HIV positive women, stigma reduction, treatment literacy, prevention and response to gender-based violence/violence against children, and use of HIV risk assessment tool.
• Produce a Pastoral letter for use by Religious and Faith leaders to create demand and sensitive their communities for pediatric and adolescent HIV care services.” The Pastoral Letter will be created with messages extracted from the reference manual. This will be a more user-friendly version for easy reference by faith and religious leaders during sermons.
• Final report on the assignment/consultancy showing the methodology used, activities undertaken, timeframe of the assignment, successes, challenges, planned and unplanned results and recommendations.
Timeframe: Immediate upon signing of the Contract for
a maximum of 15 days.Requirements
• Experience is using Human Centered Design approach to develop pediatric and adolescent HIV care and treatment demand creation, awareness creation and patient literacy materials
• Excellent collaboration and partnership skills to work with MOH, USG/PEPFAR key stakeholders, FHO360, etc.
• Knowledge and skills to work with and solicit ideas from key community gate keepers including religious and faith leaders and care givers of infants, children and adolescent is a must.
• Advanced University degree (Masters Level is the minimum required qualification) in the Social/Behavioral sciences (Communication, Sociology, Anthropology, Psychology, Health Education, Public Health, etc.)
• Proven experience in the field of communication for development, health education/promotion, community mobilization, social marketing, participatory communication, new technologies and research. Practical experience in the adaptation and application of communication strategy planning processes to specific programmes, especially HIV and AIDS prevention, care and treatment programs
• A proven record of and experience in undertaking consultancies in a similar field. Excellent writing and presentation skills in English; experience in team working in culturally diverse contexts and ability to initiate and execute activities in a timely manner.Daily rate and payment: Daily rate will be agreed upon between the consultant and FASTER/CRS and paid as outlined in the final consultancy agreement.
Specific structured process skills/techniques required include:
Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office suite, including Word and PowerPoint.
Agency-wide Competencies (for all CRS Staff):
These are rooted in the mission, values and principles of CRS and used by each staff member to fulfill his or her responsibilities and to achieve the desired results.
Serves with Integrity
Cultivates Constructive Relationships
Each staff member working in emergencies is expected to use the following competencies to fulfill his or her responsibilities and to achieve the desired results.
Communicates strategically under pressure
Manages stress and complexity
Actively promotes safety and security
Manages and implements high-quality emergency programs
How to Apply
This job description is not an exhaustive list of skills, effort, duties and responsibilities associated with the position.
By applying to this job, I understand and acknowledge that CRS requires its Consultants to treat all people with dignity and respect and to actively prevent harassment, abuse, exploitation, and human trafficking. Further, I understand that if I am a successful candidate, I will be subject to a comprehensive background check, and my personal/professional references will be asked to evaluate my behaviors related to the above safeguarding-related topics
CRS’ talent acquisition procedures reflect our commitment to protecting children and vulnerable adults from abuse and exploitation
CRS’ recruitment and selection procedures reflect our commitment to protecting children and vulnerable adults from abuse and exploitation. “I understand that CRS takes all allegations of abuse and exploitation seriously. Abuse or exploitation of children or vulnerable adults is grounds for immediate dismissal.”
To apply, please follow these instructions exactly otherwise your application will NOT be considered:
• Email a cover letter and CV and Proposals only to
email@example.com by July 3rd, 2020 at 5:00pm.
• Large files and/or scans of documents will lead to rejection of your application, in the subject line of the email, copy and paste – CONSULTANTTODEVELOPDEMAND CREATIONMATERIALS only
• All applications that do not contain this exact subject line will be rejected and not read
ONLY SELECTED CANDIDATES THAT MEET THE REQUIREMENTS WILL BE NOTIFIED. EOE/M/F/D/V
Find jobs in Uganda. Jobs - Uganda jobs. Search our career portal & find the latest Ugandan job positions, career opportunities & jobs in Uganda.
Jobs in Uganda - banking jobs, IT jobs, accounting jobs, NGO jobs, business administration, ICT, UN jobs, procurement jobs, education jobs, hospital jobs, human resources jobs, engineering, teaching jobs, and other careers in Uganda.
Find your dream job from 1000s of vacancies in Uganda posted and updated daily - click here!