Crossboundary Associate Jobs in Kenya
Crossboundary Associate Jobs in Kenya CrossBoundary is a mission driven investment firm committed to unlocking the power of capital to make a strong return while creating a lasting difference in frontier markets.
You will support the Innovation Lab’s work on two principal objectives.
The first is working with mini-grid developers to identify and test innovative solutions to the mini-grid business model, managing an iterative process of piloting and refining ideas.
Based on the results of these experiments, your second objective will focus on identifying the most successful solutions and working with developers and technology and industry partners to scale those innovations, thereby directly changing the mini-grid business model.
CrossBoundary is not a development firm and is not seeking typical development skills – the Innovation Lab will look to you for practical insights on how to improve the mini-grid business model to bring more power, to more people, at less cost. .
• Project-manage field trials of innovative business model improvements across Africa
• Work directly with mini-grid developers operating mini-grid sites across Africa to field test prototype innovations that might reduce cost or increase revenues
• Lead quarterly workshops with mini-grid developers across the continent, to ideate new prototypes, solicit their feedback, and introduce them to technology and industry partners
• Develop creative iterations to the most promising innovations, based on early findings of business model impact and hurdles developers face in implementation
• Alongside the Lab Lead, oversee the deployment of $2.2M of R&D funding to mini-grid developers conducting iterative, cutting-edge trials to change the mini-grid business model
• Alongside the Lab Lead, assess each innovation’s impact on the business model using the Lab’s unique dataset of over 550M data points on rural customer behavior
• Use the Lab’s financial model to evaluate the impact of each tested innovation on the mini-grid business model, incorporating analysis from the Lab Data Lead,
• Partner with the Lab Data Lead to identify iterations with the largest potential to improve the business model based on the analysis conducted
• Develop the tools and partnerships needed to enable developers to incorporate the most promising innovations into their day-to-day operations
• Publish “how to” guides on the most promising innovations for the entire sector, incorporating lessons learned from developers on the ground and insights gained through the Lab’s data analysis
• Create commercial frameworks for mini-grid developers to partner with leading technology and industry partners
• Build the business case for the most promising innovations tested by the Lab’s community of mini-grid developers
• Manage and develop relationships with the leading institutions and companies in the energy access sector, including:
• Mini-grid developers: 18 leading private sector mini-grid developers across Africa
Required skills and qualifications:
• Pre-MBA/Masters candidate with 2-4 years of work experience in high impact organizations
• Experience in developing countries, and a technical background (preferred)
• Ideal candidate will have the following skills and qualifications:
• Ability to think creatively to find innovative solutions to business model gaps
• Excellent analytical ability and discipline; ability to think clearly, structure problems logically, and then design and implement solutions that focus on the core issues
• Strong project management skills; ability to juggle and deliver a multitude of projects across contexts, geographies, and stakeholders
• Strong communication skills; ability to distil complex findings into convincing, compelling messages and present results in a clear and simplified manner
• Ability to coordinate diverse range of stakeholders in challenging environments
How to Apply
For more information and job application details, see; Crossboundary Associate Jobs in Kenya
Find jobs in Kenya. Jobs - Kenya jobs. Search our career portal & find the latest Kenyan job positions, career opportunities & jobs in Kenya.
Jobs in Kenya - banking jobs, IT jobs, accounting jobs, NGO jobs, business administration, ICT, UN jobs, procurement jobs, education jobs, hospital jobs, human resources jobs, engineering, teaching jobs, and other careers in Kenya.
Find your dream job from 1000s of vacancies in Kenya posted and updated daily - click here!
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Job Vacancies in Africa.