COVAW Monitoring and Evaluation Associate Jobs in Kenya
COVAW Monitoring and Evaluation Associate Jobs in Kenya The Coalition on Violence Against Women (COVAW) is a national Kenyan not-for-profit women’s rights organization.
COVAW is seeking a self-driven Monitoring and Evaluation Associate who is committed to change and supporting teams to measure, evaluate and document program results.
The ideal candidate should have an understanding of how to measure and deliver on quality outcomes for Women’s Rights, Sexual and Gender Based Violence, advocacy and influencing programs. The candidate should demonstrate excellent writing and presentation skills. (quantitative and qualitative).
The M&E associate will report to the programs manager to plan, implement and analyse, research studies and routine programme monitoring.
The role will entail close collaboration with program officers and associates to support their routine data collection and programme monitoring activities to ensure data quality, harmonization and dissemination of information and reports.
To diligently perform your duties, these responsibilities will require a flexible approach including working outside the usual working hours.
The suitable candidate should be prepared to perform other related duties outside the usual job description if called upon to do so.
Lead the Development and Implementation of a Management Information System
• Work closely with the Programs Manager and ensure a functional M&E-MIS at organization level that gathers data based on objectives and indicators in the programme M&E framework.
• Review existing indicators, streamline and harmonize indicator set and reporting tools that meet the requirements of research and data analysis for the programme.
• Support the development and use of projects data collection tools.
• Conduct data quality assurance at various levels of projects implementation.
• Quarterly supervision visits to project sites to mentor staff and crosscheck the use of routine data collection tools.
Support Implementation, Monitoring and Evaluation of Projects
• Implementation support for all of COVAW’s programs.
• Manage and implement project performance-based monitoring system to ensure that project targets are met.
• Proactively monitor and analyse project performance vs. indicators in conjunction with the relevant programme officers and provide monthly feedback.
• Ensure that the M&E databases, and tools indicators are updated routinely and systematically and aligned to deliver.
• Work with the Programme Manager and program team to prepare/update required M&E reports including monthly, quarterly and annual monitoring and evaluation plans and reports.
• Suggest strategies to the project management for improving the efficiency and effectiveness of the project and how to deliver on quality project outcomes.
• In collaboration with project team identify and document achievements and accomplishments of project indicators against set performance targets.
• Take initiative to measure or analyse the effectiveness of different activities and strategies taking place both at organisation and community level.
Role in Organizational Research and Documentation
• Support organizational research and documentation processes including research design, tool development, study coordination, data collection and analysis.
• Contribute to production of research reports and publications.
• Reporting on research progress, findings, outcomes to project teams, implementation partners and key actors.
• Participation in organizational and project based monitoring and evaluation interventions including baseline studies, impact evaluation, mid-term, end term reviews etc.
COVAW Performance Standards
• Commitment to organisational values: Integrity, Respect, Commitment and Solidarity.
• Adherence to organisational policies and work ethics.
• Adherence to work plans, timelines and deadlines.
• Documentation of quality outputs and outcomes that are timely, accurate, comprehensive and complete in addition to submission of accurate, timely and high quality progress reports.
• Project funds utilized in cost effective manner that demonstrates value for money and fully accounted for in line with donor rules and organisational policies.
• Display innovativeness and creativity in program implementation.
• Enhancing team work and mutual respect between colleagues and project partners.
• Bachelor’s degree in Project Management, Gender & Social Sciences, Mathematics and Statistics with advanced training and experience in M&E
• At least 3 Years work experience in a M&E role.
• Experience in developing a M&E system.
• Extensive experience in project performance management and reporting.
• Experience working in a NGO setting especially on Women’s Rights and Gender Based Violence.
How to Apply
Send your application and cover letter stating expected salary with subject “Monitoring and Evaluation Associate” by 23rd March 2020 to
This is a re-advertisement, previous applicants need not apply.**
Find jobs in Kenya. Jobs - Kenya jobs. Search our career portal & find the latest Kenyan job positions, career opportunities & jobs in Kenya.
Jobs in Kenya - banking jobs, IT jobs, accounting jobs, NGO jobs, business administration, ICT, UN jobs, procurement jobs, education jobs, hospital jobs, human resources jobs, engineering, teaching jobs, and other careers in Kenya.
Find your dream job from 1000s of vacancies in Kenya posted and updated daily - click here!
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Job Vacancies in Africa.