County Public Service Board Chief Officer Lands, Housing and Urban Planning Jobs in Kenya
County Public Service Board Chief Officer Lands, Housing and Urban Planning Jobs in KenyaDuties and Responsibilities
The Chief Officer shall be the Accounting and Authorized Officer with respect to the exercise
of delegated powers and shall report to the County Executive Committee Member in charge of
Lands, Housing and Urban Planning for administration and other duties as provided under Section 46 of the County Governments Act 2012.
• General strategic administration and co-ordination of the department
• Development and implementation of strategic plans and sector development plans
• Implementation of policies and regulations
• Ensuring compliance with the National Values and Principles of good governance as
outlined in Articles 10 and 232 of the Constitution of Kenya;
• Formulation and implementation of effective programmes geared towards streamlining
the departments to attain county CIDP and the Governor’s Manifesto
• Prudently utilizing and managing the physical/financial/human resources in the
• Building capacity and backstopping the county managers/staff.
• Overseeing management of finances, preparation and submission of budget estimates,
annual work plans and programmes.
• Overseeing the implementation and monitoring of performance management systems.
• Mainstreaming integrity assurance in projects and programmes.
• Promoting collaboration of stakeholder participation in extension service delivery.
• Participating in M&E of projects and programmes in the County.
• Performing any other duties as may be assigned from time to time.Requirements and Competencies for Appointment
• Be a Kenyan citizen;
• Have a Bachelor’s degree from a University recognized in Kenya.
• Possession of a Master’s degree in a relevant field will be an added advantage;
• Membership of the relevant professional body will be an added advantage. Bomet County Public Service Board 5
• Have vast knowledge and experience of not less than 10 years in the relevant field, 3 of
which should be in a senior/managerial position in a large organization;
• Must have undergone continuous senior management training and/or strategic
• Must demonstrate a thorough understanding of devolution, the County developmentobjectives and Vision 2030
• Demonstrate understanding of and commitment to the values and principles outlined in Articles 10 and 232 of the Constitution.
• Be a strategic thinker and results-oriented;
• Must have self-drive and initiative to executive programs
• Must have excellent communication, organizational and interpersonal skills to inspire and motivate development partners, employees, volunteers, and diverse client groups
• Must be familiar with financial management processes including procurement, budgeting
• Must demonstrate competence in planning and ability to manage implementation of projects and programmes
• Have capacity to work under pressure to meet strict timelines;
• Satisfy the requirements of Chapter 6 of the Constitution of Kenya
• Proficiency in computer applications is required How to Apply
For more information and job application details, see; County Public Service Board Chief Officer Lands, Housing and Urban Planning Jobs in Kenya
Find jobs in Kenya. Jobs - Kenya jobs. Search our career portal & find the latest Kenyan job positions, career opportunities & jobs in Kenya.
Jobs in Kenya - banking jobs, IT jobs, accounting jobs, NGO jobs, business administration, ICT, UN jobs, procurement jobs, education jobs, hospital jobs, human resources jobs, engineering, teaching jobs, and other careers in Kenya.
Find your dream job from 1000s of vacancies in Kenya posted and updated daily - click here!