County Government of Kakamega Chief Executive Officer Jobs in Kenya
County Government of Kakamega Chief Executive Officer Jobs in Kenya Pursuant to section 4 and 6 of the Kakamega County Dairy Development Corporation Act 2018, the Kakamega Dairy Development Corporation (KDDC) Board hereby invites applications from qualified candidates for the position of Chief Executive Officer-Job Group CPSB 03 (One post)
Overall Duties and Responsibilities
• Shall be the accounting officer of the corporation and shall be responsible to the Board for administration of the Corporation
• Develop and maintain County dairy farms with best dairy practices
• Operationalize the upcoming milk plant and identify market opportunities for the milk and milk products
• Communicate effectively with the board of directors and members of staff
• Manage the overall operations and resources of the corporation
• Prepare and implement annual work plans and budgets and provide timely technical and financial reports
• Build partnerships with other organizations and relevant stakeholders
• Develop and implement strategic plans of the Corporation
• Develop and implement policies and procedures of the corporation that will improve operational and financial effectiveness
• Oversee the development of a strong workforce
• Establish and maintain appropriate management systems for effective internal control of operations.
Qualifications and Key Competences
• Be a Kenyan citizen
• Be in possession of a first degree in any of the following disciplines: Livestock Production: Veterinary Medicine; Range Management; Food Science and Technology or any related field from a university recognized in Kenya. A master’s degree in a relevant field will be an added advantage
• Have working experience of not less than seven (7) years in the dairy sector, five of which should be in senior management level in the public service or private sector
• Must be a member of a professional body
• Have a proven experience in managing resources in a high performing organization
• Possess knowledge and skills in any of the following areas: project planning and management; public financial management; human resource management and strategic management and leadership
• Have good communication skills
• Be able to work under pressure and meet strict deadlines.
• Be visionary and strategic in approach
• Have passion for animals and be ready to spend valuable time on the dairy farms
• Satisfy the requirements of Chapter six of the Constitution of Kenya 2010 on leadership and integrity.
How to Apply
Each application letter must be accompanied with detailed curriculum vitae, copies of relevant academic and professional certificates and testimonials, copy of national identity card or passport, current telephone number(s) and other relevant supporting documents including:
• Higher Education Loans Board (HELB)
• Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA)
• Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission (EACC)
• Certificate of Good Conduct (CID)
• Credit and Reference Bureau (CRB).
Applications should be clearly marked "Application for the position of Chief Executive Officer" on the envelope and submitted in any of the following ways:
applications should be addressed to;
The Kakamega Dairy Development Corporation Board
P.O Box 36-50100
Hand delivered applications should be delivered to County Chief Officer (CCO) Livestock Production, Veterinary Services and Fisheries at the former PC's office, Kakamega, Block C, on the third floor Room 99.
The applications should reach the Chairman of KDDC on or before 19th March 2020.
Kakamega County is an equal opportunity employer and encourages women and persons with disabilities to apply.
Find jobs in Kenya. Jobs - Kenya jobs. Search our career portal & find the latest Kenyan job positions, career opportunities & jobs in Kenya.
Jobs in Kenya - banking jobs, IT jobs, accounting jobs, NGO jobs, business administration, ICT, UN jobs, procurement jobs, education jobs, hospital jobs, human resources jobs, engineering, teaching jobs, and other careers in Kenya.
Find your dream job from 1000s of vacancies in Kenya posted and updated daily - click here!
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Job Vacancies in Africa.