County Government of Bungoma County Director Public Participation & Civic Education Job in Kenya
County Government of Bungoma County Director Public Participation & Civic Education Job in Kenya An officer at this level will be answerable to the Chief Officer, Public Service Management and Administration for the following duties and responsibilities: .
Duties and Responsibilities
• Coordinating public participation activities of the County Executive
• Mobilize and organize the public, stakeholders and local communities to participate in county governance and decision making processes
• Sensitize the public on county structures and opportunities for Public Participation;
• Establishing linkages with Local and International institutions, associations and organizations whose objectives are to promote public participation within the county
• Collaborate with relevant institutions in the County to promote access to information and civic education programmes
• Establish an appropriate feedback mechanism to the public
• Ensure that the citizen participation processes adhere to the relevant legislation, regulations, policies or guidelines affecting the rights and responsibilities of the public officers and the participants
• Facilitate public education and training programmes relating to citizen participation;
• Receiving and coordinating citizen petitions within the County Executive
• Maintain a depository of all information, correspondence and documentation on public participation and citizen petitions within the County Executive
• Assessing the public responsiveness to public participation and making recommendation to the County Executive Committee Member
• Advise the County Executive Committee Member generally on the appropriate policies, plans and strategies for enhancing public participation and civic education in the county; and
• Carry out any other function in furtherance of the objects and purpose of the County Assembly Participation and Civic education Act and as may be assigned by the County Executive Committee Member
Requirements for Appointment
For appointment to this grade, a candidate must;
• Have relevant working experience of not less than twelve (12) years, three (3) years of which at the grade of Deputy Director Public Participation and Civic Education JG “Q” or equivalent and relevant position in the public service or private sector
• Have a degree in Political Science/Public Administration/Communication or Law from a university recognized in Kenya or its equivalent and relevant qualifications.
• Have attended a Strategic Leadership Development Course lasting not less than six (6) weeks from a recognized Institution
• A Master’s degree in the relevant field
• Have at least five years’ experience in Administration or Civic Education; and proven experience in Community work and mobilization
• Have good understanding of County Legislative process
How to Apply
Applications including detailed Curriculum Vitae (C.V), Copies of Academic and Professional Certificates, Testimonials, National Identification Card or Passport and any other supporting documents should be submitted in sealed envelope, clearly indicating the position applied for on the top left side of the envelope. Bungoma County residents will be required to indicate their Sub-county and ward of residence to reach the undersigned by 14th July, 2020 at 5.00pm
Hand delivered applications should be submitted to the County Public Service Board Offices located next to the Governor’s Office.
PLEASE NOTE: Bungoma County Public Service Board does not charge ANY FEE at any stage of the recruitment and selection process.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
County Public Service Board
P.O Box 2489-50200
Find jobs in Kenya. Jobs - Kenya jobs. Search our career portal & find the latest Kenyan job positions, career opportunities & jobs in Kenya.
Jobs in Kenya - banking jobs, IT jobs, accounting jobs, NGO jobs, business administration, ICT, UN jobs, procurement jobs, education jobs, hospital jobs, human resources jobs, engineering, teaching jobs, and other careers in Kenya.
Find your dream job from 1000s of vacancies in Kenya posted and updated daily - click here!
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Job Vacancies in Africa.