Council of Legal Education Director, Quality Assurance, Licensing and Compliance Jobs in Kenya
Council of Legal Education Director, Quality Assurance, Licensing and Compliance Jobs in KenyaJob Details The Council of Governors is composed of the Governors of the forty-seven counties and its main functions are the promotion of visionary leadership; sharing of best practices and; offer a collective voice on policy issues; promote inter - county consultations; encourage and initiate information sharing on the performance of County Governments with regard to the execution of their functions; collective consultation on matters of interest to County Governments.
Overall Purpose of the Job
Reporting to the Council Secretary/Chief Executive Officer.
Under direction and supervision of the Secretary/Chief Executive Office, the Officer shall be responsible for implementing the legal Education regulatory framework, develop standards for accrediting legal education providers, curricular and modes of instruction, quality and modes of examination, harmonization of Legal Education and monitoring and evaluation of Legal Education providers.
• Develop and implement a framework for quality assurance, compliance and licensing;
• Coordinate the development of standards for legal education and training in Kenya;
• Oversee the implementation of a transparent system of accrediting legal education providers in Kenya;
• Coordinate the development and implementation of a framework for recognition and approval of foreign legal qualifications in law in Kenya;
• Develop an information-based monitoring system to set standards by legal education providers;
• Oversee the development of appropriate training programmes for legal training providers;
• Implement an efficient delivery of licensing and certification services for legal education providers;
• Organize the development of a framework for harmonization of legal education and training in Kenya;
• Oversee the development of a framework for recognition/approval of ODEL programs;
• Maintain a register of licensed institutions in Kenya;
• Provide technical support in the research of legal education and training in Kenya and approving research proposals;
• Providing custody for approved academic programmes;
• Directing the writing of technical/full inspections and prepare reports;
• Coordinating the evaluation of institutional (self-evaluation) reports; and
• Advice Council on matters relating to Legal Education and training in Kenya.
Qualifications and Skills
• Bachelor’s Degree in Law from a recognized institution;
• Master’s Degree in Law or any other Master’s Degree in a relevant field from a recognized institution;
• A Ph.D. in a relevant area of professional qualifications in a relevant area will be an added advantage;
• Minimum ten (10) years relevant working experience, five (5) of which must be in a position of management;
• Be an advocate of the High Court of Kenya in good standing;
• Proficiency in computer applications and
• Be of the highest ethical standards, integrity, and professionalism and comply with the requirements of Chapter six (6) of the Constitution of Kenya 2010.
How to Apply
For more information and job application details, see; Council of Legal Education Director, Quality Assurance, Licensing and Compliance Jobs in Kenya
Find jobs in Kenya. Jobs - Kenya jobs. Search our career portal & find the latest Kenyan job positions, career opportunities & jobs in Kenya.
Jobs in Kenya - banking jobs, IT jobs, accounting jobs, NGO jobs, business administration, ICT, UN jobs, procurement jobs, education jobs, hospital jobs, human resources jobs, engineering, teaching jobs, and other careers in Kenya.
Find your dream job from 1000s of vacancies in Kenya posted and updated daily - click here!
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Job Vacancies in Africa.