Council of Governors Director - Health Services Jobs in Kenya
Council of Governors Director - Health Services Jobs in Kenya
Background The Council of Governors (CoG) is established under Section 19 of the Intergovernmental
Relations Act 2012 with the mandate to provide a mechanism for consultation amongst County Governments, share information on performance of the counties in execution of their functions, facilitate capacity building for governors, and consider reports from other intergovernmental forums on national and county interests amongst other functions
For better execution of its mandate, the Council of Governors is established in various
sectorial working Committees and Departments. To enable the Council achieve its mandate
and vision, the Council wishes to recruit a Director to support the Directorate of Health at the Council:
Provide leadership, coordination and guidance to the Council on matters relating to Health.
Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer, the Director Health will perform the following duties
• Coordinate the development, implementation and review of policies, regulations, strategies, standards, guidelines and legal instruments of the Directorate;
• Review policies, laws, regulations, strategies, standards and guidelines on matters of devolved Health;
• Develop a framework to guide and assist County Governments in the establishment of institutional structures for the management of health;
• Coordinate intra and inter agency and intergovernmental consultations on health sector issues, including existing and evolving health policies, legislation, regulations and programmes;
• Ensure prudent utilization and management of the Directorate’s resources;
• Coordinate the development of a framework to support proactive health management strategies solutions;
• Facilitate the development of a framework for reviewing and mainstreaming of health programmes, within respective County Integrated Development Plans (CIDPs) and County Annual Development Plans;
• Provide leadership in the coordination of various players in health Sector including National government, Development Partners, Private Sector and non-state actors;
• Spearhead the preparation and implementation of Health directorate workplan, budget and performance contracts;
• Facilitate the development a framework for harmonization and cascading of national and International Health interventions at the County level;
• Oversee the development of an engagement framework for development partners support to County Governments on health management issues;
• Coordinate the preparation of technical briefs, advisories and position papers on thematic health matters for the Health Committee of Governors;
• Coordinate response to health sector system issues, pandemic / Public Health emergencies and human Resources for health labour relations;
• Strategic engagement and collaboration with the Development Partners in the health sector;
• Development of the Human Resources for Health strategy;
• Guide, lead, counsel, mentor, coach and ensure continuous capacity development of staff members within the health directorate.
• Ensure implementation of Council’s decisions in relation to Health directorate;
• Ensure implementation of intergovernmental resolutions in relation to Health directorate;
• Coordinate planning and implementation of the activities and operations of the Health directorate;
• Coordinate Health systems strengthening interventions in the areas of HRH, Health
information systems, Health
Commodities and supply chain and Quality health services;
• Coordinate and harmonize Council of Governors views and perspectives on health matters;
• Create forums for sharing of emerging issues and best practices, promotion of health as an instrument for socio-economic growth;
• Coordinate the design and preparation of programs /project proposals within the Directorate;
• Representing the Council in health matters in consultation with the CEO in activities that are relevant in enhancing the vision of the Council;
• Oversee implementation of TORs of consultants within the health directorate;
• Provide response to need for researched papers for national and international fora on County health service delivery;
• Monitor and evaluate health programs and health data analytics;
• Ensure development and implementation of the AWP and the budget of the directorate;
• Liaise with the Ministry of Health and the National Treasury to ensure timely release of
conditional grants in the health sector to County Governments;
• Approve expenditure of the directorate funds;
• Mobilize resources for the Health Directorate.
Minimum Qualifications and Experience:
• Have a Master’s degree in any of the following fields; Public Health, Health Economics, Health Systems, Finance, Accounting, Economics, Public Administration, Human Resource Management or any other related field from a recognized institution;
• Have a Bachelor’s degree in any of the following fields; Medicine and Surgery, Nursing, Clinical Medicine, Public Health, Dentistry, Pharmacy or any other related field from a recognized institution;
• Minimum of twelve (12) years’ experience, eight (8) of which should be in a management position.
• Thorough understanding of international and national goals, policies, objectives, and ability to relate them to Council’s mandate.
• Thorough understanding of Devolution as envisioned in the Constitution.
• Understanding of financial and human resource management.
• Good understanding of government policies, regulations, and procedures.
• Ability to develop policy and implement strategy.
• Ability to undertake stakeholder management.
• Negotiation Skills.
• Communication skills.
• Leadership skills.
• Conflict resolution skills.
• People management skills.
• Be a Kenyan Citizen;
• Be a member to a professional body and in good standing.
• Leadership course from a recognized institution
• Be compliant to the requirements of Chapter six (6) and the thirteen (13) of the Constitution of Kenya 2010.
How to Apply
For more information and job application details, see; Council of Governors Director - Health Services Jobs in Kenya
Find jobs in Kenya. Jobs - Kenya jobs. Search our career portal & find the latest Kenyan job positions, career opportunities & jobs in Kenya.
Jobs in Kenya - banking jobs, IT jobs, accounting jobs, NGO jobs, business administration, ICT, UN jobs, procurement jobs, education jobs, hospital jobs, human resources jobs, engineering, teaching jobs, and other careers in Kenya.
Find your dream job from 1000s of vacancies in Kenya posted and updated daily - click here!
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Africa Jobs.