Corporate Staffing Services Ltd Construction Project Manager Jobs in Kenya
Corporate Staffing Services Ltd Construction Project Manager Jobs in KenyaJob DetailsOur client is a leading engineering and contracting company specialized in designing and executing electrical works, with the main focus being in the corporate market.
They seek to hire a Construction Project Manager to plan and supervise single or multiple high-rise construction project within the same location from start to finish.
H/She will organize and oversee construction procedures and ensure they are completed in a timely and efficient manner. .
• Ensure successful completion of the project in terms of the cost, quality and HSE
• Collaborate with engineers, architects etc to determine specifications of the project
• Negotiate contracts with external vendors to reach profitable agreements
• Obtain permits and licenses from appropriate authorities
• Determine needed resources i.e. Manpower, Equipment and Materials from start to finish paying attention to budgetary limitations
• Plan all construction operations and schedule intermediate phases to ensure deadlines will be met
• Prepare the overall program of work and monitor it weekly in order to understand the delays and mitigate risks of delays
• Acquire equipment, material and monitor stocks on time
• Hire contractors, other staff and allocate responsibilities
• Supervise the work of the staff and give guidance when needed
• Evaluate progress and prepare a detailed daily / weekly / monthly report
• Adhere to all health and safety standards and report issues
• Ensure that monthly valuations are done on time and also maintain records of abortive works by liaising with the QS
• Responsible for materials and store management by ensuring requisition is done on time and as planned.
• Control the cost and budget of the project
• Responsible for quality assurance and quality control on site
• Chair weekly and monthly meetings
• Coordinate subcontractors’ valuations and arrange weekly/monthly meetings for smooth progress of the project
• Ensure the procurement for major items and subcontracts are in place and ordered as per schedule within the right price
• Work and liaise closely with the QS to ensure that EOT’s are recorded and delays claimed
• Bachelor’s Degree in Civil or Architectural Engineering, Construction Management, or an equivalent degree.
• A minimum of 8 years’ experience as a Project Manager
• Proven experience as a Project Manager handling multistorey projects
• Familiarity with quality and health and safety standards
• MUST have hands on experience of MS Office / AutoCAD and MS Project
• Outstanding communication and negotiation skills
• Excellent Organizational and time management skills
• Team Player with leadership abilities
• Certification in PMP will be an added advantage
• Strong leadership skills
How to Apply
If you are up to the challenge, possess the necessary qualification and experience; please send your CV only quoting the job title on the email subject (Construction Project Manager) to firstname.lastname@example.org before 9th June 2020.
Kindly indicate current/last salary on your CV
We do not charge any fee for receiving your CV or for interviewing. Only candidates short-listed for interview will be contacted.
Find jobs in Kenya. Jobs - Kenya jobs.Search our career portal & find the latest Kenyan job positions, career opportunities & jobs in Kenya.
Jobs in Kenya - banking jobs, IT jobs, accounting jobs, NGO jobs, business administration, ICT, UN jobs, procurement jobs, education jobs, hospital jobs, human resources jobs, engineering, teaching jobs, and other careers in Kenya.
Find your dream job from 1000s of vacancies in Kenya posted and updated daily - click here!
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Job Vacancies in Africa.