Consumer Unity and Trust Society Centre Director Jobs in Zambia
Consumer Unity and Trust Society Centre Director Jobs in Zambia The Centre Head will provide overall strategic direction in programme design, development and implementation coupled with providing day to day leadership and administration to the team.
He/she will also be responsible for devising annual budgeting and resource mobilization.
The incumbent is also responsible for enhancing programme portfolio by identifying opportunities and potential donors.
The position contributes to the development and implementation of organisational strategies, policies and practices. This position will have close interface with the Senior Management, CUTS Headquarters, Jaipur, Rajasthan, India. .
Strategic Management and Leadership
• Responsible for the strategic directions of the Lusaka Centre and ensure effective implementation of different programmes with demonstrable impact;
• Support the organisation’s strategic plan, annual budget forecasting and fundraising strategy in consultation with the reporting head(s).
• Coordinate with the Governing Board and work in close consultation with them on the formulation and implementation of centre programmes, policies etc. as per due compliance and donor requirements;
• Create a conducive environment that fosters performance oriented work culture and commitment to goals and values of the organisation;
• Coordinate with the CUTS Headquarters in Jaipur and work in close consultation on programme, policies, finance, HR etc. with respective centres.
• Overall administration and compliance of statutory and legal requirements, including management of Centre’s finances and assets.
• Ensure the quality and timeliness of project deliverables
Operational and Research Management
• Oversee all activities in the research vertical, including conducting research in identified thrust areas, providing on-call research support, and publishing findings in internal and external publications;
• Design and implement strategies for effective monitoring and evaluation of different projects;
• Monitor all budgeted programme expenditures to ensure projects operate within approved budgets;
• Represent the organisation to governmental and funding agencies, national and international organisations ,conferences, seminars etc.;
• Support in planning and designing dialogues, workshops, and conferences on the research outputs;
• Design and implement advocacy and data dissemination strategy for the research outcomes;
• Development of strategic influencing encompassing policy and advocacy framework;
• Ensure periodic reporting to Governing Board, Senior Management and Stakeholders;
• Ensure financial reports and supporting documentation for funders are prepared as outlined in funding agreements;
• Build, support and line manage the team members to ensure productivity and efficiency.
• Facilitate the team by efficiently managing the staff reporting directly and provide leadership for the successful operational management of the centre.
• Recruits, orients, motivates, inspires and develops a high quality team;
• Ensures year-end performance evaluations are conducted with all staff;
• Promotes and creates opportunities for advancement of employees;
• Ensure that all statutory compliances as per existing and applicable laws are complied with on time.
• Provide technical leadership and administrative oversight.
• Business Acumen/Strategic perspective – Understands business and the strategic role of international trade/regulations/public policy in assessing and analysing challenges and opportunities;
• Ability to Influence – Strong influencing skills and change management skills to manoeuvre through a complex matrix environment;
• Creativity/Innovation: Develop new and unique ways to improve operations of the organisation and to create new opportunities;
• Relationship Management: Anticipate, understand, and respond to the needs of internal/external stakeholders to meet or exceed their expectations within the organisational parameter;
• Make Decisions: Assess situations to determine the importance, urgency and risks, and make clear decisions which are timely and in the best interests of the organisation;
• Cultural Understanding: International mind set, understands different perspectives and is able to work comfortably in multi-cultural environment;
• Accountability: Self-starter with a strong sense of initiative and focused on results; ability to manage multiple projects within ambiguous and undefined parameters.
• Communicate Effectively: Good verbal and written communications skills.
Qualifications and proficiency
• Master’s degree in Development, Development studies, Public Policy, International Affairs, Economics or MBA from an institute of good repute in a related subject;
• 10-15 years of experience in a project management role preferably in the non-profit sector;
• Residents of Zambia or candidate having work authorization permit of Zambia are eligible for the profile.
• Experience and willingness to travel nationally and internationally;
• Comfortable working in fast paced and deadline driven environment.
How to Apply
Qualified candidates should send their resumes to
email@example.com and/or firstname.lastname@example.org , along with a cover letter highlighting your suitability for the position addressed to the Chair of the Board.
Given the large volumes of applications we receive, we are unable to respond to all applicants and our responses are limited to those who are shortlisted.
CUTS is an equal opportunity employer and considers all applicants on merit without regard to race, national origin, religious beliefs, gender, marital status or physical disability. Women candidates are encouraged to apply.
CUTS Africa Resource Centre, Lusaka
House No. 32, Plot – 406,
Kudu Road, Kabulonga
Lusaka – 101010, Zambia
On Map: https://goo.gl/maps/AwXD7Ve6ULFpJSKPA
Last date of Application: August 15, 2020
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Jobs in Zambia.