Community Empowerment for Rural Development Project Officer Jobs in Uganda
Community Empowerment for Rural Development Project Officer Jobs in Uganda Major FunctionsTo facilitate the development and implementation of CEFORD project activities at community level in line with Area Work Plans
To ensure timely preparation of progress reports and accountabilities
Key Duties and Responsibilities
Develop work plans for implementation of CEFORD project activities in area of operation;
Implement, monitor and evaluate project activities;
Train/mentor the Field staff under your supervision
Participate in research including baseline and other surveys, and needs assessment of community development demands and expectations;
Provide technical support to the target community groups;
Prepare and submit quality progress reports on implementation as per agreed schedules with the Project Coordinator;
Contribute to strengthening of CEFORD-Community relations and positive image;
Perform any other duties and responsibilities that may be assigned by the Project Coordinator.
Experience, Education and Required Skills
• Minimum Diploma/Degree in Agriculture, Social Work, Development studies
• Certificate in Counselling, Health Science, Project Planning and Management is an added advantage.
• A minimum of two years working experience (preferably with a civil society organization) in Rural
Development Programme, Agriculture and Institutional Capacity Building; Experience working in refugee setting an added advantage.
• Computer literate: MS applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
• High level of integrity, commitment, strong report writing, analytical and communication skills, knowledge of participatory approaches..
• Must be self supervised, able to work extra hours and willingness to adhere to organization values.
• Sensitivity to the needs and priorities of different sectors of the community; traditions, culture, beliefs and refugee/host community hierarchical structures
• Strong community mobilization skills
• Strong communication skills, knowledge of local languages in area of preference (Aringa), knowledge of Arabic or any of the refugees’ language an added advantage.
• Ability to ride motorcycle and valid riding permit is a MUST
How to Apply
Due to the COVID-19 Pandemic, only Online applications shall be received. Indicate clearly the position applied for and District of preference in the Subject.
Applications should include Cover
Letter, Detailed CV and contacts of 3 referees including day telephone numbers, should be addressed to:
The Executive Director – CEFORD
P.O. Box 303
To reach her not later than 4:00 pm Tuesday 7th July 2020.
Applications submitted after the deadline
will not be accepted.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
Women are encouraged to apply.
Find jobs in Uganda.Jobs - Uganda jobs. Search our career portal & find the latest Ugandan job positions, career opportunities & jobs in Uganda.
Jobs in Uganda - banking jobs, IT jobs, accounting jobs, NGO jobs,business administration, ICT, UN jobs, procurement jobs, education jobs, hospital jobs, human resources jobs, engineering, teaching jobs,and other careers in Uganda.
Find your dream job from 1000s of vacancies in Uganda posted and updated daily - click here!
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Job Vacancies in Africa.