Communications Authority of Kenya Director General Jobs in Kenya
Communications Authority of Kenya Director General Jobs in KenyaJob DetailsThe Communications Authority of Kenya is the regulatory authority for the communications sector in Kenya.
Established in 1999 by the Kenya Information and Communications Act, 1998, the Authority is responsible for facilitating the development of the Information and Communications sectors including; broadcasting, multimedia, telecommunications, electronic commerce, postal and courier services.
This responsibility entails
Licensing all systems and services in the communications industry, including; telecommunications, postal, courier and broadcasting.
Managing the country’s frequency spectrum and numbering resources. Facilitating the development of e-commerce.
Type approving and accepting communications equipment meant for use in the country. Protecting consumer rights within the communications environment.
The Director General shall be the Chief Executive Officer and secretary to the Board of the Authority and shall bear the responsibility for the day-to -day management of the Authority.Reporting to the Board of Directors, the
• Manage the day-to-day business of the Authority.
• Serve as Secretary to the Board of Directors.
• Provide overall leadership to the Authority.
• Develop and recommend to the Board, the Authority’s strategic plans, work plans and annual operating budgets.
• Establish proper internal control systems and procedures.
• Foster and maintain effective communication between the Board and Management, all levels of staff and between the Authority and external Stakeholders.
• Act as the principal spokesman of the Authority on administrative matters.
• Ensure continuous improvement in the quality and responsiveness of ICT regulatory frameworks.
• Ensure industry stakeholders comply with the regulatory frameworks.
• Ensure continuous achievements of the Authority’s mission, vision, operating goals and objectives.
• Maintain a conducive work environmentthat attracts, retains and motivates skilled and talented employees.
• Foster a corporate culture that promotes implementation of ethical and good corporate governance practices.
• Ensure compliance with the laws of Kenya.
• Any other responsibility as may be necessary to achieve the Authority’s objectives.
• The successful applicant should possess extensive leadership and managerial experience of at least 15 years, 10 of which must be at a senior managerial level.
• He/she must also possess a postgraduate degree in a relevant discipline and must be affiliated to a professional body.
• The ideal candidate should also demonstrate in-depth knowledge and experience preferably in a regulatory environment.
• Appointment to the position will be on contract for a term of four (4) years, renewable once, subject to satisfactory performance
How to Apply
Applications for the position must include a detailed CV, certified copies of National ID or passport, academic certificates, proof of current membership to a professional body, and any other relevant credentials. Shortlisted candidates will be required to present the following documents during the interviews:
• Tax Compliance Certificate from the Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA)
• Certificate of Clearance from the Higher Education Loans Board (HELB)
• Certificate of Good Conduct from Directorate of Criminal Investigations (DCI) and
• Duly filled and stamped Clearance Form by the Ethics and Anti-corruption Commission (EACC).
This advertisement supersedes all previous advertisements relating to the vacancy. Applicants who had applied for the position previously, and are still interested should reapply.
Please note that the Self-Declaration form from Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission (EACC) should indicate the Authority as the State Office for which declaration is being submitted.
Applications, which should be submitted quoting Ref: CA.DG/HCA2020 and sent to email@example.com, may also be hand delivered in a clearly marked and sealed envelope addressed to:
Board of Directors
Communications Authority of Kenya CA Centre, Waiyaki Way
P.O Box 14448
Applications should be received at the above addresses by 9th June 2020 at 5pm EAT. CA is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified candidates are encouraged to apply.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Canvasing in any form or failure to attach any of the stipulated documents shall lead to automatic disqualification.
Find jobs in Kenya. Jobs - Kenya jobs.Search our career portal & find the latest Kenyan job positions, career opportunities & jobs in Kenya.
Jobs in Kenya - banking jobs, IT jobs, accounting jobs, NGO jobs, business administration, ICT, UN jobs, procurement jobs, education jobs, hospital jobs, human resources jobs, engineering, teaching jobs, and other careers in Kenya.
Find your dream job from 1000s of vacancies in Kenya posted and updated daily - click here!
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Job Vacancies in Africa.