Commodity Value Chain Specialist Jobs in Uganda
Commodity Value Chain Specialist Jobs in UgandaIITA Uganda is seeking to recruit a qualified person to fill the vacancy of Project Manager for the IITA-led DINU Project.
The successful candidate will be based in Dokolo office – Lango sub region working in all the seven districts.
The position will be for an initial period of two years renewable subject to availability of funds, a successful probation period and high performance throughout the implementation of the project.
• Work with the team to implement activities that enhance crop productivity and market
linkages for profitability of on-farm enterprises.
• Identify, assess and establish potential private public partnerships that enhance crop
productivity and market linkages
• Provide technical guidance and capacity building on business development services to
farmers especially women and youth and partners.
• Work with youth groups on processing and marketing
• Identify business opportunities and alliances with business model potential for input and
• Serve as the technical lead for designing, implementing and monitoring all livelihoods
diversification, value chain and marketing activities.
• Coordinate and collaborate with partners including private enterprises, community-based organizations and NGOs working on livelihood diversification to leverage project
resources, avoid duplication of efforts and ensure complementarities
• Identify broker deals amongst business partners with the market team for output
• Lead the development of business strategies and action plans for agriculture
commercialization in the regions
• Plan and conduct training for youth and women groups through mentoring and facilitated learning
• Work with the markets component implementing team to promote marketing of
nutritious products produced by farmers
• Support the monitoring of business-related activities and partnerships
• Conduct any other duties as may be assigned by supervisor
• MSc degree in post-harvest technologies and management with crop production and
post-harvest background plus more than five years of experience working with value
chain or business development projects using the value chain or market approach.
• Experience in development of business plans for financing and working with the private
sector to build and sustain mutually beneficial market linkages
• Experience in conducting value chain assessments and determining appropriate
interventions to enhance agricultural productivity and market access for the rural poor.
• Experience in developing plans aimed at upgrading agricultural value chains through
enhanced private sector engagement.
• A strong ability to work within a team under minimum supervision and deliver results.
• Ability to work in a multidisciplinary and multi-cultural environment
Excellent networking and communication skills in English and local language
Proven training and coordination skills, with the capacity to coordinate teams operating in rural areas
Computer proficiency including MS Office (Word/ PowerPoint, advance excel skills and SPSS)
Ability to complete multiple tasks under pressure and meet deadlines
Past working experience in northern Uganda – Lango area is an added advantage.
How to Apply
For more information and job application details, see; Commodity Value Chain Specialist Jobs in Uganda
Find jobs in Uganda. Jobs - Uganda jobs. Search our career portal & find the latest Ugandan job positions, career opportunities & jobs in Uganda.
Jobs in Uganda - banking jobs, IT jobs, accounting jobs, NGO jobs, business administration, ICT, UN jobs, procurement jobs, education jobs, hospital jobs, human resources jobs, engineering, teaching jobs, and other careers in Uganda.
Find your dream job from 1000s of vacancies in Uganda posted and updated daily - click here!
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Job Vacancies in Africa.