COGINTA Operation Manager Jobs in Ghana
COGINTA Operation Manager Jobs in Ghana
COGINTA is a non-governmental, apolitical, areligious and recognized of public utility organization, specialized in judicial and security governance, social cohesion, conflict management and prevention, resilience and community development. COGINTA's objective is to support host governments in strengthening judicial and security institutions in compliance with the norms and principles of the rule of law, and to improve the effectiveness of police institutions in the prevention of violence, insecurity and crime, in order to promote an environment conducive to peace, development and social cohesion. COGINTA has the head office in Switzerland (Geneva) and national and regional representations in Belgium, Burkina Faso, Chad, Côte d'Ivoire, Guinea and Niger.
As of September 2021, the Association Coginta (COGINTA) is implementing the Preventing Electoral Violence and Providing Security to the Northern Border Regions of Ghana (NORPREVSEC) Programme – Output 2 – financed by the European Union. In this frame, COGINTA is recruiting an Operation Manager. This is a full-time position, based in Tamale (Ghana) for 12 months renewable. The expected starting date is October 4th 2021.
The Preventing Electoral Violence and Providing Security to the Northern Border Regions of Ghana (NORPREVSEC) Programme – Output2 is financed by the 11th European Development Fund (EDF). The overall objective of the NORPREVSEC programme is to promote good and inclusive governance by contributing directly to resilience and security in Ghana.
The specific objectives of the programme are: to better equip key Government and non- Government actors in their joint and coordinated efforts to sustain peace; to prevent pre- and post-electoral violence, also against women and girls and; to contain the rise of violent extremism through enhancing their capacities in early warning, conflict resolution, countering terrorism and fight against transnational organised crime, with respect to rule of law and human rights.
The output 2 of the Programme is to be implemented by COGINTA, it focuses specifically on better equip key government and non-government actors in their joint and coordinated efforts to sustain peace; and, to contain the rise of violent extremism through enhancing their capacities in early warning, conflict resolution and preventive diplomacy. The results to reach within the Output 2 of the NORPREVSEC Programme are the following:
• Result 1 – Civil society organisations are strengthened to actively contribute to peace building and prevent violent extremism
• Result 2 – Existing Early Warning Systems are strengthened to include PVE indicators
• Result 3 – The role of Regional
Peace Councils as peace makers is reinforced
• Result 4 – The role of traditional leaders as peace makers is reinforced
In this context, COGINTA is recruiting an an Operation Manager for 12 months (renewable) in Tamale.
Roles And Responsibilities
Under the direct supervision of the Team Leader, the Operations Manager is in charge of:
• Supporting the Team Leader in the organization and planning of the activities;
• Liaising with beneficiaries for the organization of activities and the identification of participants;
• Drafting terms of reference for the recruitment of short-term experts;
• Drafting terms of reference for the organisation of activities;
• Performing the training on project management towards CSOs ;
• Ensuring that COGINTA works in accordance with the laws in force in Ghana;
• Ensuring that purchasing procedures are carried out in accordance with Coginta and European Union rules;
• Anticipating, analysing and alerting the Team Leader and headquarters on risks related to operational activity, in its programmatic, security and financial aspects;
• Following-up the evolution of the humanitarian, political and security contexts in the intervention areas of the action;
• Coordinating all communication and visibility activities, in particular the management of service providers and relations with the media;
• Supporting the Team Leader in drafting reports and any technical content requested;
• Contributing to the evaluations.
Qualifications And Competences
• Hold a university degree in logistics or management;
• Excellent drafting skills;
• Excellent communication skills;
• Proficiency in the languages spoken in the North of Ghana is an advantage;
• Abilities to work in a multicultural environment and to establish good professional relationships with team members.
• Minimum 8 years of professional experience in a similar position.
• A previous experience within an NGO or a cooperation project is mandatory.
• The knowledge of EU procurement procedures is an asset.
Education Requirement:Bachelor Degree
Experience in Months: 96
How to Apply
For more information and job application details, see; COGINTA Operation Manager Jobs in Ghana
Find daily jobs in Ghana. Jobs - Ghana jobs. Search our career portal & find the latest Ghana job positions, career opportunities & jobs in Ghana.
Jobs in Ghana - banking jobs, IT jobs, accounting jobs, NGO jobs, business administration, ICT, UN jobs, procurement jobs, education jobs, hospital jobs, human resources jobs, engineering, teaching jobs, and other careers in Ghana.
Find your dream job from 1000s of vacancies in Ghana posted and updated daily - click here!
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to African Jobs.