CIMMYT Mechanization Support Specialist - East and South Africa Jobs in Kenya
CIMMYT Mechanization Support Specialist - East and South Africa Jobs in Kenya The successful candidate will be a mechanization specialist with strong communication skills, capable of providing technical recommendations and supporting implementation of mechanization and automation techniques across a range of different organizations and crops in western Africa.
The Mechanization Support Specialist will also be accountable for proposing and managing a mechanization network within the region. They will need to understand the demand and capacity across centers and manage the communication between centers to guarantee that all centers will have access to mechanization, offered as a service, reducing so the overall capital cost across the system of breeding programs.
The position will be based in eastern or southern Africa. The exact location - tentatively Kenya - is yet to be defined depending on operational needs and established partnerships with CGIAR sister research centers. It will involve significant international travel within the region. .
• Develop machinery inventories;
• Develop machinery acquisition plans;
• Develop business cases for mechanization and process automation;
• Develop and implement maintenance procedures;
• Develop a list of local/ regional /global vendors for critical equipment and services (shared across EiB members);
• Develop metrics and KPIs for monitoring adoption of mechanized and automated solutions and for maintenance of machinery.
• A great opportunity for technical and professional development by teaming up with a wide range of experts from CGIAR, NARS and private industry.
• Excellent career opportunities in an international organization.
• A friendly, humble environment full of people passionate for what they do and interested in helping people around the world.
Required Academic Qualifications, Skills and Attitudes:
• Bachelor in agricultural engineering, agronomy or related field with a minimum of 10 years of relevant experience.
• MBA will be viewed favorably.
• Relevant global experience in agriculture sector.
• Familiar with operations in large breeding pipelines.
• In-depth understanding of the following process and respective mechanization options:
Soil Preparation equipment
Planters and planting solutions
Harvesters and harvesting solutions including dryers
Seed process equipment
Seed storage options (cold rooms, packaging etc.)
Digitizing nursery and trial processes (packet printers, plot tags, labels etc.)
• Experience with managing machine maintenance process (protocols, logistics, labor, costs, etc.).
• In-depth understanding of agricultural machinery market within the region (vendors, service providers, etc.).
• Project Management skills will be viewed favorably.
• Excellent oral, written and presentation skills in English (French will be considered favorably).
How to Apply
For more information and job application details, see; CIMMYT Mechanization Support Specialist - East and South Africa Jobs in Kenya
Find jobs in Kenya. Jobs - Kenya jobs. Search our career portal & find the latest Kenyan job positions, career opportunities & jobs in Kenya.
Jobs in Kenya - banking jobs, IT jobs, accounting jobs, NGO jobs, business administration, ICT, UN jobs, procurement jobs, education jobs, hospital jobs, human resources jobs, engineering, teaching jobs, and other careers in Kenya.
Find your dream job from 1000s of vacancies in Kenya posted and updated daily - click here!
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Job Vacancies in Africa.