Church World Service Caseworker Jobs in Uganda
Church World Service Caseworker Jobs in Uganda
Primary Purpose This position is primarily responsible for assisting eligible refugee applicants prepare the best possible case file for an interview with an Officer of United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) for final adjudication.
This position reports to the Field Processing Manager.
Achieves and maintains a high performance standard based on a thorough knowledge of, and
adherence to, established Church World Service Resettlement Support Centre (CWS RSC Africa), Department of State (DOS), United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS), and Refugee Processing Centre (RPC) policies and procedures regarding current refugee processing eligibility criteria, database, and file management guidelines, the role of US Resettlement Agencies and refugee producing country conditions.
Travels throughout Sub-Saharan Africa, as assigned, to conduct resettlement interviews with
refugee applicants, collecting biographical information and establishing refugee claims, in a
dignified and professional manner.
Primarily conducts the AOR Screening and Pre-Screening One interview, per the daily minimums set by Field Team Management, in a non confrontational, objective, and dignified manner. This includes:
Determining case composition and ensures all refugee cases are cross-referenced according to established standard operating procedures.
Establishing the validity of an applicant’s identity through verification of all demographic
and biographic information including, but not limited to, names, nationalities, birth dates,
and locations of all immediate family members in order to complete the refugee case history as required.
Collecting all identity information including photographs, height, and weight.
Documenting applicant’s persecution claim.
Analyzing, evaluating, and assessing the eligibility of refugee applicants for final adjudication by USCIS officers.
Runs Quality Check reports to ensure complete and accurate files, as well as identifies and
correct processing errors prior to USCIS adjudication.
Identifies and reviews cases pending Prescreening and USCIS interviews in preparation for scheduling, schedules the cases in START, generates reports for refugee/partner notification, ensures that the reports are centrally filed for easy retrieval, and updates START accordingly.
Prepares cases for CIS, including reviewing physical and START files and constituting physical
Works with other Operations departments as necessary to properly update the appropriate
Assists as needed in preparing circuit rides.
Assists Adjudications Circuit Rides as needed, which includes completing post-Adjudication review, updating decisions and fingerprints, and preparing and distributing decision letters.
Completes and updates all case files and all database records.
Writes deferrals and info memos for referring agency action, as required.
Conducts file reviews in accordance with RSC and USCIS guidelines, paying close attention to
Assists in various administrative tasks including but not limited to: research, locating files, data entry, and case analysis.
Analyses complex cases in consultation with Supervisors in accordance with established policies and procedures, while remaining open to supervisory direction.
Contributes to the development of Field Team training procedures and their implementation.
Trains new staff as
Contributes to the development and updating of standard operating procedures for the Field
Team in coordination with Field Team.
Performs additional duties and special assignments as needed to facilitate the efficient
processing and operation of the United States Refugee Admissions Program in Sub-Saharan Africa.
Bachelor’s degree or four (4) years of paid work experience in lieu of a Bachelor’s degree is required.
Casework or previous resettlement experience is preferred.
Strong verbal and written English language skills;
Second language an advantage; Somali, Tigrinya, French, Amharic, Kinyarwanda or Arabic
Demonstrated computer skills, especially Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook;
Strong organizational and time management skills;
Meticulous attention to detail.
The Caseworker must have the ability to:
• Travel extensively throughout the regions, sometimes on short notice and under difficult
• Accurately type 40 WPM at 96% accuracy in order to be confirmed at the end of probation;
• Pass a job knowledge assessment in order to be confirmed at the end of probation;
• Pass a yearly job knowledge assessment with a score of 80% or higher;
• Maintain a high performance standard with attention to detail;
• Communicate effectively both verbally and in writing;
• Follow instructions from the Supervisor with a positive and receptive attitude;
• Deal effectively and courteously with a large number of associates, outside agencies, refugees
and members of the general public;
• Conduct oneself in a professional and courteous manner to represent the best interests of RSC
Africa and CWS/IRP;
• Carry out all of the duties of the position efficiently and effectively with minimal supervision;
• Work independently and contribute to overall operations of CWS RSC Africa;
• Take initiative in the development and completion of projects;
• Lead others and address issues as they arise;
• Maintain strict confidentiality with CWS RSC Africa administrative and operational information;
• Manage a large and diverse workload under pressure with competing priorities;
• Analyse and solve complex problems;
• Work well as a team in a multi-cultural environment while maintaining a high level of motivation
• Effectively manage RSC Africa’s resources;
• Manage cash advances and report expenses accurately;
• Actively participate in the implementation of the U.S. Government Refugee Admissions Program.
How to Apply
For more information and job application details, see; Church World Service Caseworker Jobs in Uganda
Find jobs in Uganda. Jobs - Uganda jobs. Search our career portal & find the latest Ugandan job positions, career opportunities & jobs in Uganda.
Jobs in Uganda - banking jobs, IT jobs, accounting jobs, NGO jobs, business administration, ICT, UN jobs, procurement jobs, education jobs, hospital jobs, human resources jobs, engineering, teaching jobs, and other careers in Uganda.
Find your dream job from 1000s of vacancies in Uganda posted and updated daily - click here!
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to African Jobs.