Chemonics International lnc Chief of Party Jobs in Uganda
Chemonics International lnc Chief of Party Jobs in Uganda Job Details Chemonics International lnc., a leading international development consulting ﬁrm that has been implementing USAID programs in Uganda for more than 20 years, seeks a Chief of Party (COP) for the anticipated five-year, $25- 49.99 million USAID-funded PMI Uganda Malaria Control Activity.
This program will support the people of Uganda to strengthen the capacity for malaria prevention and treatment, as well as ownership of health at the community and household levels, while maintaining gains made at the health facility level in focus districts.
This activity will also seek to improve private sector engagement and surveillance and strengthen the existing linkages between community health services/ community-level leadership and facilities/ District Health Teams to increase the ability to prevent, detect, and treat malaria in households.
Experience in Uganda is strongly preferred and English ﬂuency is required. We are looking for individuals who have a passion for making a difference in the lives of people globally..
• Overall project leadership, management, and technical direction to achieve a malaria response that is both effective and cost-effective
• Create and implement a strategic, long-term programmatic vision in collaboration with others to scale up programs and services according to the latest epidemiological data
• Lead project implementation and ensure that the project meets stated goals and reporting requirements
• Serve as primary liaison with USAID, the government of Uganda, project stakeholders, and counterparts in the public and private sectors
• Supervise senior management team; technical and administrative staff; and subcontracting organizations
• Lead project work planning, performance management, and strategic communications
• Identify issues and risks related to project implementation in a timely manner and institute appropriate program adjustments to achieve targets
• Be innovative and implement strategies that demonstrably improve malaria prevention, testing, and treatment, and reduce malaria mortality, morbidity, and parasitemia.
• Master's degree in public health or related ﬁeld.
• 10 years of experience planning, implementing, and managing malaria prevention and treatment programs.
• 10 years of experience working with USG projects and African ministries of health to develop activity work
• plans, manage budgets and implementation, and deliver technical assistance.
• Demonstrated programmatic, ﬁnancial, and operations management experience, preferably for large projects involving coordination with multiple implementing partners in Uganda or the region.
• In-depth knowledge of government systems and procedures for managing complex programs with many sites and partners.
• Proven ability to work collaboratively with the local government stakeholders, international donors, and local partners at national and sub-national levels, track record of building capacity of local partners. Experience with private sector engagement preferred.
• Strong program and ﬁnancial management background with ability to collaborate and coordinate with a range of stakeholders in the context of complex and shifting priorities.
• Demonstrated knowledge of gender integration and mainstreaming. Prefer demonstrated knowledge of any or all of the following: refugee and mobile populations, conflict zones, community empowerment.
• Five years of chief of party, country director, or deputy chief of party experience preferred.
• Demonstrated leadership, versatility, and integrity.
How to Apply
For more information and job application details, see; Chemonics International lnc Chief of Party Jobs in Uganda
Find jobs in Uganda. Jobs - Uganda jobs. Search our career portal & find the latest Ugandan job positions, career opportunities & jobs in Uganda.
Jobs in Uganda - banking jobs, IT jobs, accounting jobs, NGO jobs, business administration, ICT, UN jobs, procurement jobs, education jobs, hospital jobs, human resources jobs, engineering, teaching jobs, and other careers in Uganda.
Find your dream job from 1000s of vacancies in Uganda posted and updated daily - click here!
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Job Vacancies in Africa.