Chemonics International County Coordinator Jobs in Kenya
Chemonics International County Coordinator Jobs in KenyaJob DetailsAt Chemonics, we believe our mission of helping people live healthier, more productive, and more independent lives is driven by our commitment to service-service to our mission, to our beneficiaries, to our clients, and to our staff.
From our founding in 1975, we have worked in more than 150 countries to help our clients, partners, and beneficiaries face difficult challenges, from political instability to limited healthcare to a lack of market infrastructure.
We have helped them overcome those challenges by working together to find and implement innovative projects that achieve development impact.
We are entirely employee-owned, giving us both the freedom and the responsibility to pursue our mission with single-minded focus.
Holding ourselves to the highest quality standards, we are also committed to living our values of caring, excellence, innovation, integrity, and opportunity to implement efficient and effective programs that build a better future for those we serve. Afya Ugavi Activity
General Summary and Background
The purpose of the Afya Ugavi Project under the USAID Global Health Supply Chain Program – Procurement and Supply Management project is to address the supply chain and health commodity systems strengthening needs of the family health, malaria and HIV∕ AIDS programs within Kenya.
This will be directed through technical assistance (TA) at both national and county level.
The task order will support the Ministry of Health (MOH) Department of Family Health (DFH), National Malaria Control Program (NMCP), and the National AIDS and STI Control Program (NASCOP).
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
To support the county health department to implement field level malaria program activities and ensure appropriate management and accountability for ITNs and other field level Malaria program activities.
This position will also provide strategic input in the development of on-the-ground activities that support the malaria program.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
• Training, mentorships and on job training (OJT) of health facility staff and sub-county and county staff on ITNs management.
• Establishing and maintaining the county relations on behalf of the organization by supporting and participating in the relevant malaria program meetings
• Support in development of distribution, mentorship, reporting and supervision tools.
• Coordinating collection and compilation of periodic ITN program reports
• Work with County Health Managers to ensure ITN distribution is captured in the source & summary tools and ultimately on KHIS.
• Periodic coordination of distribution of nets to the general public through mass net campaigns.
• Maintain an up to date reporting records of all the health facilities within the officer’s jurisdiction.
• Ensure product availability and proper recording of all nets issued at all enlisted health facilities and relisting of health facilities after blacklisting
• As the Malaria program focal person, represent, articulate and ensure organization’s interests are protected in key stakeholder’s forums and other MOH meetings;
• Maintain good relations with CHMTs, SCHMTs and other stakeholders in the region, particularly for Malaria program related interventions;
• Properly manage and ensure accountability of all resources including financial advances for work related purposes
• Any other tasks as may be assigned by the supervisor or the Activity
• Bachelor’s degree in Biological or Social Sciences, Public Health or equivalent
• At least 4 years’ relevant experience
• Strong communications skills
• Reporting and presentation skills;
• Planning and organization skills
• Team player
How to Apply
Interested applicants are encouraged to apply by sending their application to email@example.com by May 8, 2020.
Find jobs in Kenya. Jobs - Kenya jobs. Search our career portal & find the latest Kenyan job positions, career opportunities & jobs in Kenya.
Jobs in Kenya - banking jobs, IT jobs, accounting jobs, NGO jobs, business administration, ICT, UN jobs, procurement jobs, education jobs, hospital jobs, human resources jobs, engineering, teaching jobs, and other careers in Kenya.
Find your dream job from 1000s of vacancies in Kenya posted and updated daily - click here!
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Job Vacancies in Africa.