CESVI SAMPAK Project Officer Jobs in Kenya
CESVI SAMPAK Project Officer Jobs in KenyaEssential Qualifications Should be in possession of at least an undergraduate degree or its equivalent, preferably in social sciences, project cycle management (especially project finance and logistic components), agricultural courses or any other related field
At least 3 years’ experience working in a project-related environment in ASAL areas of Northern Kenya or conflict -prone areas of Kenya.
Proficient user of MS Office (particularly Word, Power-point and Excel)
Knowledge of best practices and industry standards for project management
Knowledge of international development, or a demonstrated interest in poverty-related issues in Arid and Semi-Arid areas
Extensive knowledge of and previous experience in Isiolo County will be considered as an asset.
Demonstrable project financial management and accounting skills
Ability to multitask and meet agreed deadlines
Fast learner, able to adapt to change quickly
Close attention to detail
Excellent communication skills, including experience of communicating effectively across cultures and with diverse audiences, both verbally and in writing
Ability to work independently with minimal support, as well as in a team environment
Excellent organizational skills
Ability to understand, and offer cross organizational support.
Summary of the Program
The Sustainable Agro-ecological Models of Production in ASALs of Kenya (SAMPAK) program is a partnership undertaking by CESVI, Action Aid Kenya (AAK) and Merti Integrated Development Program (MID-P), with funding from Italian International Cooperation Agency (AICS).
The program’s interventions focus on natural resource management (NRM) for livelihoods that integrate food security and nutrition resilience, gender and conflict prevention and prioritize sustainable, market-based solutions to address the persistent challenges of ASAL residents.
It aims to transform the lives of communities and households in the county of Isiolo, and revitalize/improve and preserve pastoral and agro-pastoral assets for the benefit of the targeted 10 villages and other surrounding neighborhood.
The incumbent will work in close collaboration with the Project Manager and will support processes of logistical planning, project administration, finance and project accounting in line with agreed plan of action, budget, donor guidelines, and CESVI policies and procedures.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Provide day-to-day administrative/logistical and project management support to Isiolo project office team
• Support in setting up and participate in community engagement meetings, workshops and other project events
• Support SAMPAK Project Monitoring, Evaluation, Impact and Learning to assess progress of project
• Assist with project travel arrangements, motor vehicle maintenance and other logistical office support.
• Undertake other project assignments from time to time, depending on the needs of the project.
• Maintain relevant project data in various project records and files
• Oversee the upkeep and filing of relevant project documents to ensure they are easily available when needed especially during audits
• Assist the Project Manager with generation of creative ideas for new projects and assist in concept development.
• Work closely with Project Manager to ensure that project calendar dates e.g. activity plans, technical and financial reporting deadlines are strictly adhered to.
• Step in for and provide responses to ad-hoc requests for information on SAMPAK project in the absence of the
• Processing and raising Petty Cash, Purchase Orders and other payment requests
•Ensure overall office maintenance, security and supply of the relevant office requirements and items (stationery and supplies) in conjunction with Logistics Department at head office.
How to Apply
Persons qualified for this position are invited to submit their CV (including 3 referees) and COVER LETTER ONLY to CESVI through the e-mail address;
Please quote the Position (i.e. SAMPAK Project Officer_your name) in the subject line of your e-mail application. Please do not apply twice, applicants should not attach certificates at this stage**.
Inquiries on phone or e-mail will not be entertained.
Please notice this is a national position.
Closing date for applications is 20th May 2020 at midnight (EAT). However Cesvi reserves the right to close the vacancy before the above mentioned date in case a large number of applications is received.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted
CESVI is an equal opportunities employer.Candidates from ASAL areas are encouraged to apply.
CESVI does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview meeting, processing or training).
Find jobs in Kenya. Jobs - Kenya jobs. Search our career portal & find the latest Kenyan job positions, career opportunities & jobs in Kenya.
Jobs in Kenya - banking jobs, IT jobs, accounting jobs, NGO jobs, business administration, ICT, UN jobs, procurement jobs, education jobs, hospital jobs, human resources jobs, engineering, teaching jobs, and other careers in Kenya.
Find your dream job from 1000s of vacancies in Kenya posted and updated daily - click here!
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Job Vacancies in Africa.