CEFA Project Liaison Officer Jobs in Kenya
CEFA Project Liaison Officer Jobs in Kenya
The Organization: CEFA (The European Committee for Training and Agriculture) is an Italian Non-Governmental Organization established in 1972 and active in 10 Countries in Africa, Latin America and Eastern Europe. CEFA’s medium and long-term interventions in agricultural, environmental and Human Rights sector are focused on the sustainable development of the communities, achieved by involving local counterparts and by promoting the active participation of the beneficiaries.
Objective of the position:
CEFA is the main recipient of an IFAD Regional Grant for the implementation of the FSSFS (Food Security and Sustainability in Fragile Situations) Project in Somalia and Yemen. In Yemen, the FSSFS Project will be implemented by SFD – Social Fund for Development, a locally based implementing partner. The Project Liaison Officer for Yemen will be based in the CEFA Regional Office in Nairobi (Kenya) and he/she will be in charge of the overall coordination and monitoring of SFD’s activities in Yemen, narrative and financial reports.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Under the overall supervision of the FSSFS Project Manager (PM), the Project Liaison Officer will act as the middle person between CEFA, SFD and the different actors to streamline operations, ensure a smooth communication, resolve issues and generally oversee and coordinate the Yemen component of the FSSFS Project implemented by SFD in Yemen. In particular, he/she will support SFD in planning, monitoring, communication and reporting to CEFA on the activities implemented under the FSSFS project in Yemen and oversee and review the narrative and financial reporting, administrative management and procurement processes conducted by SFD to ensure compliance with CEFA and IFAD guidelines and regulations. He/she will report to the FSSFS Project Manager and collaborate with the Program Administrator and Project Accountant (PM).
Project Management and Coordination Support
• Developing and maintaining a beneficial relationship with SFD and any other relevant actor in Yemen;
• Reviewing, and archiving the periodic reports from SFD, ensuring that the submitted documentation meets the required quality standards and the M&E and reporting framework is regularly in place, as stated in the agreement with the implementing partner;
• Attending meetings with project partners, donors, partners, stakeholders, and service providers, collecting precise minutes of the meetings;
• Supporting the coordination and monitoring of the implementation
of the activities under the FSSFS project in Yemen and Somalia;
• Coordinating and overseeing SFD data collection activities, monitoring and evaluation processes both in the short and mid-term;
• Ensuring that quality technical reports are timely received from SFD, in collaboration with CEFA Technical Experts;
• Supporting the Project Manager in the preparation of institutional documents and projects’ reports to the donors and CEFA HQ;
• Leading and attending regular meetings with SFD representatives to facilitate the project coordination;
• Preparing reports, summaries, and factsheets of relevant documentation to inform the work of the Project Manager and other project staff;
Administrative, logistics, and procurement support
• Supervising CEFA Yemen Accountant in the review of the cashbooks and the financial reports submitted by SFD for the FSSFS projects in Somalia;
• In coordination with CEFA Procurement Officer and Project Manager, ensuring that SFD procurement processes are compliant with CEFA and IFAD regulations and guidelines;
Key Qualifications and Requirements:
Bachelor’s Degree in Development and Cooperation studies, Business Administration or related thematic to CEFA intervention sectors;
Previous working experience in the development or humanitarian sector with NGOs, preferably in the Middle East regions;
Previous working experience in agriculture, food security, nutrition, rural development, or any other relevant topics is considered an asset;
Fluent working knowledge of English is required. Knowledge of Arabic language is desirable;
Familiarity with MS Words, MS Excel required, Outlook;
Ability to use own initiative and to work with minimal supervision.
How to apply
Interested applications can submit updated CV, cover letter and contact details of at least 3 professional references to the following email:
Please note that salary range is between 68,000 KES and 74,000 KES, based on qualifications and experience (it includes medical cover and gratuity + all other provisions by law) Closing date: 4th August 2021.
Find jobs in Kenya. Jobs - Kenya jobs. Search our career portal & find the latest Kenyan job positions, career opportunities & jobs in Kenya.
Jobs in Kenya - banking jobs, IT jobs, accounting jobs, NGO jobs, business administration, ICT, UN jobs, procurement jobs, education jobs, hospital jobs, human resources jobs, engineering, teaching jobs, and other careers in Kenya.
Find your dream job from 1000s of vacancies in Kenya posted and updated daily - click here!
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Africa Jobs.