Care International Regional Innovation Advisor Jobs in Kenya
Care International Regional Innovation Advisor Jobs in Kenya
Job Details: CARE Denmark and WFP Regional Bureau in Eastern Africa is looking for an experienced and dedicated Regional Innovation Advisor to join the innovation team of the joint WFP-CARE Innovation Hub in Nairobi.
The Joint Hub, that was launched in 2021, supports and scales high-potential solutions and local innovation ecosystems in Eastern Africa. It provides WFP and CARE country offices, entrepreneurs, start-ups and civil society partners access to funding, mentorship and support with the common goal of tackling climate challenges, ending hunger and promoting the SDGs and sustainable development in the region.
With funding from CARE Denmark, the Innovation Advisor will support the work of the Joint Innovation Hub for Eastern Africa placed in Nairobi representing CARE within the Hub. The innovation advisor will join in efforts to coordinate and support the design, testing, implementation and scaling of the most impactful innovations that benefit the most vulnerable populations in the region affected by climate change and food insecurity including linking regional and local innovators with peers from Denmark and other parts of the world.
As Innovation Advisor you will join a team of four dedicated staff members in the Innovation Hub. You will have a specific responsibility to provide support to and liaise with the CARE Country Offices in the region and in linking the work of CARE to the Innovation Hub. You will also have a specific focus on supporting innovation projects funded through CARE Denmark’s Strategic Partnership Agreement with Danida.
We are looking for a Kenyan national for this position, who will be placed at the Innovation Hub in Nairobi contractually under the International Department/Director at CARE Denmark, but with a dual daily reporting line to the Head of the Innovation Hub in Nairobi and to the Head of Private Sector Engagement at the International Department at CARE Denmark.
Support Innovation services
• Support the WFP-CARE Innovation Hub offering of innovation services such as regional or national grand challenges, ideation sessions, boot camps, sprints.
• Support CARE Country Offices in co-creating, testing, implementing, and scaling innovative projects funded by CARE Denmark’s Strategic Partnership Agreement with Danida.
• Support sourcing and networking
• Support the solution/innovation/external partner sourcing process (innovation challenges, pipeline sharing, active scouting, etc).
• Support building and maintaining a network with other accelerators and investors in the social impact/green tech/food tech /agritech /cleantech/ fintech as well as sectors working with nature-based solutions for sharing and exchange of lessons learned in the ecosystem.
• Coordinate and ensure knowledge sharing with CARE country offices in the region and related to innovation projects and programs supported by CARE.
• Support projects throughout their pilot and scale up phases
• Match challenges/projects with relevant actors (starts-up or established companies) including CARE Country Offices.
• Support resource mobilization and seed funding efforts, ensuring these opportunities are made known and CARE Country Offices/projects have the support they need to pursue these funds.
• Strengthen innovation capacity
• Develop a strong understanding of CARE operations, challenges & opportunities to identify areas for innovation.
• Provide capacity building trainings on innovation for CARE and WFP country office and partners and support development of relevant tools and guidelines.
• Provide technical leadership on innovation within CARE together with other innovation experts within the confederation.
We Expect The Following Qualifications From You
• 6 - 10 years relevant work experience
• Relevant academic education – Min. Bachelor level.
• Strong background in innovation and human centered design thinking
• Knowledge of climate adaptation, food security and sustainability and linkages between these areas
• Experience with social impact investments and start-ups
• Experience connecting NGOs with market-based innovation and sustainable business development
• Insight to the work of the NGO sector and to regional challenges in Eastern Africa and the Horn
• A broad network within the innovation and green tech community including with start-ups, multistakeholder and commercial partnerships in the south and north as well as within creative communities, innovation and impact hubs working with green tech as well as nature-based solutions in the region.
• Hands-on, practical/pragmatic and action oriented – able to roll up the sleeves and make things happen
• Strong coordination and project management skills
• Excellent team player
• Ability to inspire and engage
• CARE Denmark offers
• A meaningful and dynamic position that will contribute to tackling climate change and food security
• An opportunity to spearhead innovation within two large humanitarian organizations.
• A committed and highly qualified Innovation team in Nairobi and Copenhagen.
• A 2-year contract with possibility of extension.
• Expected start date 1st January 2022.
How to Apply
For further information regarding the position please contact the Head of Regional Innovation Hub for Eastern Africa, Mr. Jeremie Pige
email@example.com or Head of Private Sector Engagement at CARE Denmark, Mr. Morten Fauerby Thomsen at
firstname.lastname@example.org. For more information about CARE Denmark visit www.care.dk and for more about WFP visit www.wfp.org.
Find jobs in Kenya. Jobs - Kenya jobs. Search our career portal & find the latest Kenyan job positions, career opportunities & jobs in Kenya.
Jobs in Kenya - banking jobs, IT jobs, accounting jobs, NGO jobs, business administration, ICT, UN jobs, procurement jobs, education jobs, hospital jobs, human resources jobs, engineering, teaching jobs, and other careers in Kenya.
Find your dream job from 1000s of vacancies in Kenya posted and updated daily - click here!
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to African Jobs.