Care International Information Technology (IT) Assistant Jobs in Kenya
Care International Information Technology (IT) Assistant Jobs in KenyaJob Summary The Information Technology (IT) Assistant is responsible for providing day to day technical support on all IT related issues including but not limited to networks, hardware and software maintenance, upgrades, troubleshooting, configuration and user training among others. In addition, the job holder will provide administrative support for the Nairobi Shared Services Unit. .
Technical Support -15%
• Configuration, deployment and management of workstations, laptops and peripheral equipment
• Provide software/hardware and system troubleshooting support
• Manage the installation and upgrade process of computer hardware and software as per organizational guidelines and industry best practice
• Provide technical input to other departments as they consider purchase of new IT equipment’s
• Ensure the availability of the local IP PBX and troubleshoot any challenges identified
• Escalate unresolved issues with the IP PBX with the vendor; escalate unresolved technical incidences and problems in need of 2nd and 3rd line support to with the CARE helpdesk
• Create mailboxes for new staff members
• Reset user passwords on ADMP and Okta as and when required
• Enforce multi- factor authentication (MFA) for all users
• Train users on use of mail tools and available resources for password recovery
• Offer 1st line support by troubleshooting mail access incidences and assist in resetting passwords when necessary
• Ticket all mail issues in need of second and third line support with the CARE helpdesk
• Follow-up on pending tickets with the helpdesk for closure
• Proactively monitor the network ensuring downtimes are identified and resolved with little to no impact to the business
• Escalate all unresolved connectivity issues for second and third line support with the CARE helpdesk
• Monitor network uptime ensuring system users have access, raising issues on any outages with the service provider
• Offer first line support by troubleshooting, cable, wireless and other network infrastructure as needed, escalating for second and third line of support with the CARE helpdesk if additional support is required
• Generate Internet usage reports on a weekly basis from UTM device and share with line manager for monitoring purposes
• Liaise with the Digital- Network operations team to enforce policies that would improve output of business critical applications
• Act as a liaison between the organization and 3rd party vendors like the ISP when needed
• Co-ordinate a quarterly service and maintenance of all IT equipment
• Identify non-functional equipment up for disposal according to donor and organizational guidelines
• Follow up for required approvals to ensure disposal process goes forth seamlessly
• Liaise with the relevant department to ensure identified hardware faults are fully resolved/repaired in a timely manner. Where faults cannot be resolved, advise line manager
• Ensure to keep up with industry standards on new hardware and opportunities that the RO can tap into
• Provide technical input/assessment to other departments during purchase and delivery of new equipment as per organizational system specifications
• Ensure timely and cost-effective replacement of network, software and peripheral equipment
• In liaison with the Office Assistant Maintain an inventory of IT equipment/asset register
• Provide basic user training and dissemination of technological information and updates to all staff in the Shared Services Unit
• Plan frequent user training sessions to ensure all staff are aware of CARE tools and resources available for their use
• Share process documentation, procedures, and troubleshooting guides with staff
• Publish all troubleshooting guidelines on the shared network and provide users with access
• Manage on-boarding process for new users
Network Security and Software Management-15%
• Install the corporate antivirus on all endpoints and servers
• Auto-configure endpoints patching and push updates from the online portal in case of failures, ensuring all computers are fully patched and scanned bi-monthly
• Install and enforce the recommended organizational Operating System (OS) on all endpoints
• Ensure all devices have a valid software license and keep an inventory of the license keys
• Enforce the adaptation of organizational policies and escalate as necessary when challenges are encountered
• Ensure all users have a copy of Microsoft One Drive installed on their computers
• Setup all users “desktop” and “my documents” folders to sync to Ms. OneDrive for backup purposes
• Ensure all Shared Services Unit organizational data is stored on the CARE SharePoint site and provide access to users as per departmental permissions
• Liaise with the Procurement and Admin Officer to maintain an accurate and updated office access cards database
• Operating the surveillance equipment, properly storing footage, reporting incidences and ensuring proper maintenance.
• Support in management of safe keeping and storage of equipment and office supplies, ensuring that appropriate records are maintained in absence of the Office Assistant.
• Cover for the Finance and Operations Assistant at the front office
• Perform other tasks and assignments as may be assigned
• Customer Focus - Internal & External; Problem Solving; Functional technical skills; Planning; Informing; Managing and Measuring Work; Process Management; Written communication
Qualifications and Experience
• University degree in a relevant field (e.g. Computer Science, Information Technology, Business Information technology, Information management)
• At least two years of working experience in a related field,
• Network Certifications – (Networking Essentials, N+), Comptia A+ certification
• Prior experience in O365, Ms SharePoint, Okta and Fortigate administration will be an added advantage
How to Apply
If you feel that you are driven, challenged and motivated to join our organization in this particular role, can contribute to the fight against poverty, and have the necessary qualifications and experience, kindly send your application that includes cover letter and updated CV attached as one document to
ECSA.Recruitment@care.org on or before 12th June 2020 with the subject title “Information Technology (IT) Assistant”.
We do require that you have the legal ability to work in Kenya, as well as the necessary experience for this position. While we would like to respond to all applicants, only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
CARE seeks to improve the lives of the most marginalized, particularly women and girls. Our diversity is our strength. We strongly encourage women of various backgrounds and abilities to apply
Find jobs in Kenya. Jobs - Kenya jobs. Search our career portal & find the latest Kenyan job positions, career opportunities & jobs in Kenya.
Jobs in Kenya - banking jobs, IT jobs, accounting jobs, NGO jobs, business administration, ICT, UN jobs, procurement jobs, education jobs, hospital jobs, human resources jobs, engineering, teaching jobs, and other careers in Kenya.
Find your dream job from 1000s of vacancies in Kenya posted and updated daily - click here!
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Job Vacancies in Africa.