CARE Gender Officer Jobs in Kenya
CARE Gender Officer Jobs in KenyaJob Summary Reporting to the Program Manager (WVL), The Gender Officer will ensure the WVL program achieves the Gender Equality outcome results and is of high quality, mainstreams feminist approaches by documenting and utilizing learning and knowledge from within and outside of CARE Kenya to develop/design and improve programs to achieve high impact.
S/he will provide Coordination, Technical support and guidance on gender transformative and feminist approaches to gender equality results and ensure initiatives are informed by gender analysis, gender strategy and informed by desired gender equality result changes that seek to empower and increase voices of women’s rights organizations and their constituents.
The Incumbent will work with the WVL Team in the fulfillment of the gender equality results, ensuring that the intervention methodology for the project is feminist, responds to the goals and objectives of the project’s gender strategy and aligns with the Feminist International Assistance policy and CARE’S Gender Equality policy.
S/He will also work with the WVL Project MEAL Coordinator to ensure efficient monitoring of Gender outcomes/ gender data collection during ongoing monitoring and timely evaluations and is expected to work in collaborative partnership with women’s rights organizations to develop and strengthen their desired Gender Equality results outputs, outcomes and contributions to impact, ensuring transformative processes and data for key performance indicators is collected, verified and reported on timely - but also holistically for all gender related and integrated initiatives under the WVL project.
S/he will build the capacity of ultimate WROs recipients in Gender Equality results based reporting and feminist delivery principles and processes, and will ensure that all principal partner WROs projects / initiatives have structures and processes / systems to deliver on, monitor adherence to CARE’s programming principles and abide by agreed CARE standards and donor guidelines on Gender Equality Outcomes delivery. .
Tasks and responsibilities.
R 1: Supporting development and implementation of WVL project Gender Equality outcome results (40%)
• Coordinate and take a leading role in the development and implementation of the Project Gender Strategy using collaborative methods to work with WROs.
• Coordinate all Gender result activities for CARE Kenya under the WVL Project to ensure the project achieves its gender outcomes.
• Oversee the development, update and implementation of the gender analysis and strategy to deliver on the Gender Equality results including support to the Principal partners WROs specific gender equality outcomes outlined in the Capacity Building plans.
• Ensure mainstreaming of feminist MEAL approaches in the MEAL system design and implementation with support from the WVL MEAL Coordinator and CARE Kenya Program Quality and Accountability Manager.
• Facilitate participatory processes with project’s Principal WRO partners for the development and implementation of the gender strategy.
• Support gender related tools development, testing, and management that will ensure timely and user-oriented gender related data collection and reporting.
• Promote and support the dissemination of gender related Program information among the Program team.
• Represent CARE Kenya and the WVL Project in various gender meetings, networks and opportunities to support the project.
• Liase with the gender advisors in CARE Canada, South Sudan and Cote d’Ivoire to share models, tools and best practices for the project.
R2: Reporting, Documentation, Knowledge management and Learning support (25%)
• Coordinate and guide partners in their gender equality results reporting and documentation responsibilities. Ensure that the reporting meets the evidence and communications needs of WRO partners.
• Review project gender equality outcome results achievements against indicator targets with a view to strengthening reporting, planning, implementation as well as decision making.
• Keep up to date project gender related data and reports for reference by the program team as well as other stakeholders.
• Provide gender outcomes data for internal and donor reports as well as internal documentation and reporting systems (e.g. CARE International PIIRS).
• Take lead in documentation of lessons learnt and best practices as well as dissemination on the same.
• Provide technical support in filling in the Gender marker accurately during reporting and designing new projects for layering on the existing ones.
R3: Capacity building of staff and partners and technical Support on Gender Equality Results outcomes (35%)
• Facilitate the active participation of Principal WRO partners in the design and implementation of the WVL gender analysis and gender strategy.
• Together with Principal partner WROs, design and implement a gender outcome capacity strengthening strategy based on a participatory capacity assessment and capacity strengthening and building plans.
• Guide and support the Principal partner WROs technical staff, in the implementation of the Gender strategy and any other agreed gender equality results in line with the WVL Program proposal/Design.
• Coordinate Principal WRO partners staff and provide updates to CARE staff on progress made on WVL project in regard to the gender results outcomes and contribution to WRO strategic goals as well as CARE CO Strategy and CI 2020 Program Strategy.
• Provide input in the design of new layering initiatives to ensure the gender needs of impact groups are addressed in accordance with WVL Program and CARE Kenya’s Programme approach.
• Support in conducting gender equality targeted evaluations, including design, support in data collection, management and analysis working closely with the MEAL Coordinator.
• Contribute to the development of the WVL project annual operating plan, ensuring alignment of the gender equality results with program approach and achievement of annual target indicators.
R4: Any other appropriate duties assigned by supervisor
Spending Authority: None
Supervision (Direct): None
Decision Making: Operational, analytical and Gender Equality outcome Results decision making.
Contacts/Key Relationships (internal & external):
• The Gender Officer reports directly to Women's Voices & Leadership Program Manager
• Apart from the direct report, the Gender Officer will work closely with the WVL Project MEAL Coordinator and WVL Project Grants Coordinator & Principal partner Women’s Right Organizations’ staff.
• In depth understanding of underlying causes of poverty, vulnerability and gender inequality in Kenya with good knowledge of the political, economic, social and technological environment is desirable.
• Knowledge and understanding of the Kenya’s women’s Rights movement.
• Demonstrated commitment to gender equality and women’s empowerment. Other Skills
• People Skills: Ability to work both independently and as a team player.
• Integrity: Works with trustworthiness and integrity and has a clear commitment to CARE's core values and humanitarian principles.
• Resilience/adaptability and flexibility: Ability to operate effectively under difficult circumstances and to interact effectively with a geographically dispersed multicultural team
Qualifications and Experience Required
• Education: Degree in Social Sciences, Gender and development studies or other relevant discipline coupled.
• At least 5 years’ experience in coordinating position in gender equality outcome results delivery and program quality in development programs in at least two of the following areas: gender equality, women’s rights, organizational strengthening, or feminist movement building.
• Excellent written, verbal English and presentation/communication skills.
• Demonstrable ability to develop and implement gender transformative results outcomes, systems and plans, and applied knowledge and understanding of feminist approaches and principles.
• Experience in using collaborative, consensus based and approaches to build partner skills and knowledge, provide training and foster effective and participatory decision making amongst partners meet evolving Project gender equality results outcomes.
• Demonstrated strong management, coordination, teamwork and planning skills with proven ability to function effectively with multiple gender programs/projects in both the public and NGO sectors.
• Experience with and understanding of relevant donor frameworks and reporting systems.
• Experience in writing Funding opportunities Concepts and Proposals
• Strong gender related technical skills, including ability to understand the different and complex dynamic affecting / supporting adequate delivery on the gender equality results.
How to Apply
For more information and job application details, see; CARE Gender Officer Jobs in Kenya
Find jobs in Kenya. Jobs - Kenya jobs. Search our career portal & find the latest Kenyan job positions, career opportunities & jobs in Kenya.
Jobs in Kenya - banking jobs, IT jobs, accounting jobs, NGO jobs, business administration, ICT, UN jobs, procurement jobs, education jobs, hospital jobs, human resources jobs, engineering, teaching jobs, and other careers in Kenya.
Find your dream job from 1000s of vacancies in Kenya posted and updated daily - click here!
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Job Vacancies in Africa.