Capital Markets Authority Finance Officer Jobs in Uganda
Capital Markets Authority Finance Officer Jobs in Uganda Job PurposePrepare, maintain & report on ﬁnancial activities in accordance with CMA ﬁnancial policies. regulations and generally accepted accounting standards.
Responsibilities/ Key Deliverable
• Participate in the preparation of final accounts in accordance with CMA policies, regulations and international financial reporting standards;
• Participate in preparation, monitoring and control of CMA's annual budget;
• Coordinate external and internal audits. ensure that adequate preparation is done and all documentation required is availed in time; and prepare responses to audit queries tor management approval;
• Prepare quarterly financial reports tor submission to Ministry of Finance Planning and Economic Development;
• Maintain and continuously update the fixed assets and investment register;
• Prepare payments; write payment vouchers, cheques and post transactions in the banking system;
• Prepare the monthly payroll and accompanying schedules and remit statutory deductions by the due date in compliance with relevant regulations and laws;
• Reconcile receivables and payables account and take appropriate action;
• Post transactions in the accounting system and prepare monthly bank reconciliation statements;
• Prepare invoices and ensure that all outstanding amounts are collected by the due dates;
• Assist in preparation of Board Committee Minutes;
• Manage ofﬁce petty cash;
• Any other related duties that may be assigned from time to time
Education & Training
Minimum of Level 2 attained in the previous 2 years of an internationally recognized professional Accounting body e.g. ICPAU, ICPAK, ACBA, CIMA etc is required.
Any Bachelor's degree from a reputable university is an added advantage
Skills & Experience
• At least Three (3) years’ accounting or auditing experience gained from a reputable private or public sector organization, or audit firm;
• Experience in preparing ﬁnal accounts is desirable.
• Working knowledge of the Tally accounting software is preferred
• Budget preparation and monitoring
• Effective report writing skills
• Leadership potential
• High Integrity & professionalism
• Ability to work under tight deadlines with minimal supervision.
• Desirable interpersonal skills
• Effective oral & written communication and presentation skills
How to Apply
Interested candidates should hand deliver or send via email (in standard file types, namely Microsoft Word or Adobe Acrobat (pdf in a single attachment, and should not exceed 10MB) their applications together with a recent CV (with 3 references], copies of Academic Transcripts and/or Certificates by Friday 26 June 2020 before 5pm
Applications should be addressed to:
The Human Resource & Administration Officer
Capital Markets Authority,
8th Floor, Jubilee Insurance Center,
Plot 11 Parliament Avenue, P.0 Box 24565 Kampala
• Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
• Your application will only be reviewed if you have fulfilled all the above stated requirements, including submission of documents in standard tile types. Zipped tiles, links and I or multiple attachments are not acceptable.
Find jobs in Uganda. Jobs - Uganda jobs. Search our career portal & find the latest Ugandan job positions, career opportunities & jobs in Uganda.
Jobs in Uganda - banking jobs, IT jobs, accounting jobs, NGO jobs, business administration, ICT, UN jobs, procurement jobs, education jobs, hospital jobs, human resources jobs, engineering, teaching jobs, and other careers in Uganda.
Find your dream job from 1000s of vacancies in Uganda posted and updated daily - click here!
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Job Vacancies in Africa.