Canada High Commission Administrative Assistant Vacancies Jobs in Dar-es-salam
Canada High Commission Administrative Assistant Vacancies
Summary of position: Reporting to the Regional Senior Trade Commissioner and Political Economic Counsellor, the Administrative Assistant contributes to the delivery of trade promotion and Foreign Policy Diplomatic Service (FPDS) program at mission. The Assistant will proactively assist and promote Canadian companies in the identification and pursuit of commercial opportunities in Tanzania, Seychelles, and Comoros through a variety of activities, including the conduct of targeted meetings with local contacts, the organization of trade missions, and the timely distribution of commercial intelligence. The Assistant will provide administrative support services to commercial and political officers; maintain the program budgets; plan events and visit programs; liaise with local government contacts and other stakeholders concerning bilateral relations; support the commercial and FPDS social media plans; and perform other duties as required.
Candidates will initially be screened against the Essential Qualifications relating to education, experience and language. Candidates must clearly demonstrate in their cover letter and CV how they meet each of these essential qualifications.
• Bachelor’s degree from a recognized university with a major in a discipline related to the job requirements (e.g. business administration, economics, or a similar field)
• Advanced Fluency in English and Swahili (oral & written)
• Intermediate French skills (oral and written)
• Minimum of 3 years’ *recent experience providing administrative/program support to a team of officer-level employees.
*Recent is defined as within the last 5 years
The Rated Requirements relating to knowledge, abilities and competencies will also be assessed. Methods of assessment may include, but are not limited to, a written examination, an oral interview, role-play, practical tests, presentations and/or psychometric assessment.
• Excellent knowledge of managing budgets, tracking expenditures, and
analyzing financial reports;
• Good knowledge of the political and business environment in Tanzania;
• Intermediate knowledge of key stakeholders involved in Tanzania’s political, commercial, and economic situation (including non-governmental organizations, government institutions, international organizations, and domestic/international companies).
• Excellent Knowledge of MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, Power point)
• Ability to plan and organize workflow and coordinate information;
• Ability to work under pressure and prioritize accordingly;
• Ability to identify and analyze client needs;
• Ability to network and develop contacts and relationships, both internal and external, to facilitate trade and political priorities or to gain support/cooperation.
• Values and ethics;
• Focus on quality and details;
• Flexibility and adaptability;
• Interpersonal relations and respect;
• Teamwork and cooperation; and,
• Effective Interactive Communication – oral and written.
Preference may be given to candidates who have the following asset qualifications:
• Experience working in a diplomatic mission, international non-governmental organization, a multi-lateral organization, private company, or government environment doing international business development;
• Experience dealing with government ministries/departments, NGOs;
• Network of contacts relevant to international business development and/or political relations in Tanzania, Seychelles and Comoros;
• Master’s degree in relevant field of study.
• Ability to work from home with equipment that is supplied by the High Commission;
• Ability and willingness to work overtime when required;
• Ability to attend offsite meetings as required;
• Willing to travel domestically and internationally as required
• Normal work-week is 37.5 hours.
• Monday to Thursday 7h30 to 16h00 (30 minutes unpaid lunch break) Fridays 7h30 to 13h00.
How to Apply
For more information and job application details, see; Canada High Commission Administrative Assistant Vacancies
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Africa Jobs.