Calcol Contractors Project Accountant Jobs in Zambia
Calcol Contractors Project Accountant Jobs in Zambia Position Summary The Project Accountant will report to the Director Finance and position will be based in Lusaka. The Project Accountant oversees all aspects of the day-to-day finance and accounting functions on our current projects for which they are responsible.
The candidate will perform all aspects of Project Accounting from project setup and maintenance; review and adjustment of time and expense charges; revenue recognition; billing; WIP analysis and reconciliation; collections/AR reconciliation; AP and project closeout.
S/he will help coordinate and contribute to the implementation of the project policies and procedures in compliance with accounting standards, regulations, and legal requirements.
S/he will efficiently perform accounting services through documenting the project financial transactions by compiling, analyzing, and verifying account information, preparing account entries, and delivering financial reporting services throughout the project life cycle. .
• Ensures projects are set up and maintained in accordance with contractual terms and conditions
• Reviews and processes project related vendor and sub-consultant invoices
• Reviews and monitors project cost/performance on a weekly basis
• Reconciles WIP on a monthly basis to ensure that revenues and billings are in alignment
• Reviews Accounts Receivable to ensure timely payment of invoices
• Preparation of ad hoc analysis and reports
• Reviews projects regularly for closeout
• Works closely with Project managers and support team to meet the overall financial objectives of the company
• Maintain the billing folders for all projects with the appropriate documents, including monthly invoices and waivers
• Setup new projects in Job Cost and the necessary spreadsheets on a daily basis
• Track outstanding receivables and make the required calls to collect
• Prepare job cost reports as requested from the project management team
• Track outstanding accounts payable per project
• Prepare monthly job cost on closed projects
• Complete the WIP on a quarterly basis
• Run monthly accounting meeting with project management team to review upcoming billings/projections
• Set and monitor sound accounting and financial reporting procedures for project and maintenance of all data required for processing financial transactions for assigned project accounts in Pastel financial accounting package;
• Review and validate supporting documentation before processing of financial transactions to ensure all required documents are accurate and complete and authorizations are in place;
• Record financial transactions following appropriate authorizations. Review and analyze various accounts to detect irregularities. Advice on corrective actions and prepare to correct entries and adjustments, as necessary;
• Prepare various periodic and ad hoc financial reports and perform variance analysis to assist project staff with decision-making. Assist with budget maintenance for proper management of financial resources;
• Excellent analytical skills with the ability to detect and report inconsistencies
• Conscientious, accurate and thorough with great attention to detail
• Ethical conduct in accordance with recognized professional and organizational codes of ethics
• Proactive, resourceful, solutions-oriented and results-oriented
• Ability to work collaboratively
• Proactive in solving problems
• Strong organizational skills
• MUST have previous construction accounting experience
• Customer/ client-focused
• Excellent time management skills and ability to multitask and prioritize work
• Keen critical thinking ability and problem-solving skills
• Strong communicator – both verbally and in writing
• Takes initiative; goes beyond assigned duties
• Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance or a related field
• A minimum of three (3) years of experience in finance or project accounting with similar responsibilities
• Experience in the Architectural/Engineering/Construction (A/E/C) industry preferred
• Knowledge of International Financial Reporting Standards and General Accounting Principles
• Proficient in MS Office packages (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Visio), and other accounting information management systems such as Pastel
• Member of the Zambia Institute of Chartered Accountants
How to Apply
Your application letter should specify your contact details including contact telephone numbers(s), CV(s) with 3 (three) traceable references, and copies of relevant certificates.
Your application letters should be sent to:
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Jobs in Zambia.