Brookside Dairy Limited Field Officer Jobs in Uganda
Brookside Dairy Limited Field Officer Jobs in UgandaJob Purpose The Field Officer will provide assistance to head milk procurement in planning, organizing and coordinating field operations involving milk collection, chilling and transportation to the main milk plant in Kampala and related tasks as per agreed Brookside limited guidelines/provisions reception and storage of only acceptable raw milk with required standards according to Brookside Limited policy. .
• Responsible in assisting the Head Milk Procurement in planning, organizing and coordinating field operations involving Milk collection, chilling and transportation to the main milk plant in Kampala.
• Ensure that testing of raw milk, grading, chilling, transportation and maintaining hygienic conditions at the Milk Collection Centers (MCCs) and Bulk Collection Centre (BCC) is conducted in conformity to the ISO Standards.
• Maintain that only raw milk of acceptable ISO quality/company standards is ferried to the bcc & received by the BCC Manager.
• Create and update competitors’ profile clearly highlighting their names, cooler capacities, milk quantities received, price per liter of raw milk paid to farmers and the competitors market for the raw milk they collect on a weekly basis.
• Liaise with the / Head Milk Procurement on the sensitization of farmers on Clean Milk Production and Productivity Enhancement besides addressing any technical problems that you may encounter.
• Responsible for the safe custody of the company property and reporting any breakdowns that may occur.
• Control and monitor wastages/losses of milk solids with in bench mark and reconciling on day to day basis the milk purchased and dispatched to the Kampala plant.
• Prepare weekly and monthly reports of your findings and action taken and submitting the same to your immediate supervisor.
• Coordinate with the / Head Milk Procurement and making sure that milk is lifted from the MCCs/BCC on day to day basis.
• As a representative of Brookside Limited, ensuring harmonious relationship between Brookside Limited, farmers and the general public within your area
• Scout and recommend to the / Head Milk Procurement areas with milk potential for the establishment of new MCCs or pick-up points in your area.
• Work with BCC In-charge/BCC Manager to identify milk tanker routes to be used when lifting milk from the MCCs.
• Monitor capacity utilization of milk coolers by MCCs and report your finding in the weekly reports to your immediate supervisor.
• Ensure that MCCs/BCCs maintain and update all the relevant records that they are expected to keep.
• Maintain that all MCCs prepare and send the invoices for the milk supplied in the period (1 – 15) and (16 – 30/31) to Kampala on the last day of the period.
• Monitor and report on MCC/BCC equipment inefficiency to your immediate supervisor as soon as it has been reported by the MCC.
• Maintain that MCCs receive SAP quality reports from the BCC for all the milk they have supplied to the BCC on a daily basis.
• Maintain that the MCCs/BCCs have adequate stocks of all the necessary consumable requirements and equipment at all times.
• Follow up the Tax, electricity and water bills of the BCC and ensure that they are immediately sent to Kampala for processing of payment.
• Maintain that service charges from out sourced agencies are billed to the company are verified.
• Responsible for supporting the Manager Quality and Extension to mobilize farmers for training, demonstration activities, farmer field days, and supervision of service provision to farmers.
• Carrying out any other duties as may be assigned to you from time to time by your immediate supervisor.
Qualifications and Skills
• Bachelors of Science in Food Processing Technology or its equivalent from a recognized University.
• Diploma in Dairy Technology will be an added advantage from a recognized Institution.
• Trained in relevant ISO standards.
• Computer Science knowledge/skills.
• Excellent interpersonal and relationship skills.
• At least 3 years of experience in a similar position.
• Preferred experience working in food manufacturing industry.
How to Apply
All suitably qualified candidates should submit their CV and academic documents to
email@example.com NOT later than 11:59PM, 20th June 2020.
Due to large volumes of CVs we receive, we are unable to respond to all the applicants. Only those shortlisted shall be contacted.
Find jobs in Uganda. Jobs - Uganda jobs. Search our career portal & find the latest Ugandan job positions, career opportunities & jobs in Uganda.
Jobs in Uganda - banking jobs, IT jobs, accounting jobs, NGO jobs, business administration, ICT, UN jobs, procurement jobs, education jobs, hospital jobs, human resources jobs, engineering, teaching jobs, and other careers in Uganda.
Find your dream job from 1000s of vacancies in Uganda posted and updated daily - click here!
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Job Vacancies in Africa.