BroadReach Finance and Administration Specialist Jobs in Kenya
BroadReach Finance and Administration Specialist Jobs in KenyaJob Details For more than a decade, BroadReach has partnered with governments, multinational health organisations, donors and private sector companies in more than 20 countries to improve the health and wellbeing of underserved populations.
Purpose of the Position
To support the Director of Finance and Operations in providing a professional accountancy services in-country, consistent with global accounting frameworks and practices.
You will be expected to assist in the development, implementation, monitoring and coordination of program activities as outlined below.
Key Accountabilities (included but not limited to)
In Your Role As Finance Specialist You Will
• Prepare and capture financial transaction entries into Sun system as assigned
• Co-ordinate system closure at month end and conduct monthly General Ledger reconciliations
• Reconcile staff advance accounts and ensure all outstanding balances are followed up on
• Administer physical banking activities for the Program
• Maintain a sound internal control environment
• File and maintain financial, legal and tax records requirements
• Ensure the application of accounting policies and standards
• Consolidate and submit all statutory returns to appropriate authorities
• Prepare annual forecasts and prepare consolidated financial statements in conjunction with HQ and the Finance and Operations Director
• Work with the Finance and Operations Director and the Technical team in the analysis of expenditure trends by program areas / activities
• Manage and control the accounts payable function and facilitate payment of vendors on a weekly basis
• Prepare bank and salaries reconciliations
• Monthly review of sub-contractor financial reports
• Update office inventory register and reconcile the inventory listing to the general ledger on a monthly basis and ensure all assets are accounted for in terms of policy
• Reconcile company fixed asset register with tax fixed asset register and reconcile the fixed asset register and general ledger on a monthly basis
In our Role As Administrator You Will
• Manage and procure wider office needs such as stationery, consumables etc.
• Prepare documentation for processing Purchase Requisitions
• Manage and Administer Petty cash
• Liaise with office landlord on office repairs and conduct general office maintenance
• Courier parcels for staff and draw up pro forma invoices for international parcels
• Coordinate and support in arranging meetings
• Produce minutes for meetings and follow up on actions on behalf of the manager
• Supervise the office cleaners
• Manage and administer office stationery and other office consumables
• Provide general office administrative support as and when required
• The ability to communicate effectively with the in-country team as well as HQ Finance team
• The ability to prioritize and plan workload and to meet tight reporting deadlines
• Ability to work systematically while juggling conflicting priorities
• The appetite to work across all facets of finance and develop and enhance skills
• Collaborative nature of working across different teams
• Ability to effectively prioritize and plan work
• Be solution focused and able to solve problems
• Analytical mindset
• Ability to build rapport and credibility with stakeholders
• Enthusiastic, positive and vibrant
• Strong relationship management and positive approach
• Good communication skills
• Keen on detail, a high level of reliability, objectivity and honesty
• Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting, Business Management / Administration, or any other relevant field, Minimum 3 years of experience in accounting and working in Finance and Administration.
• CPA (K) / ACCA finalist
How to Apply
For more information and job application details, see; BroadReach Finance and Administration Specialist Jobs in Kenya
Find jobs in Kenya. Jobs - Kenya jobs. Search our career portal & find the latest Kenyan job positions, career opportunities & jobs in Kenya.
Jobs in Kenya - banking jobs, IT jobs, accounting jobs, NGO jobs, business administration, ICT, UN jobs, procurement jobs, education jobs, hospital jobs, human resources jobs, engineering, teaching jobs, and other careers in Kenya.
Find your dream job from 1000s of vacancies in Kenya posted and updated daily - click here!
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Job Vacancies in Africa.