British High Commission Vice Consul Jobs in Uganda
British High Commission Vice Consul Jobs in UgandaJob DetailsThe British High Commission is the diplomatic liaison office that aims to develop and maintain close bilateral relations with Uganda, in accordance with British government policies.
The British High Commission is responsible for the political relationship between the UK and Uganda, and we provide advice and guidance on political and governance issues.
BHC provides assistance and documentary services to British nationals in Uganda.
The UK Trade and Investment Section provides assistance to both British and Ugandan businesses.
We are seeking a dynamic and customer service focused Vice-Consul to join our small but busy team providing consular assistance to British nationals in Uganda.
The successful applicant will run our front-line consular service, providing a high level of customer service excellence, sometimes in difficult or pressurised circumstances.
They will manage and deliver an outreach programme to advise and inform on our wider consular priorities, and oversee strategic stakeholder management to help deliver excellent consular services through stronger external partnerships.
They will also help prepare for and respond to crises and help achieve the wider corporate goals of the Embassy.
The jobholder is assisted by a Pro-Consul.
The jobholder will need to be a self-starter and highly motivated, with excellent interpersonal skills.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
• In charge of managing the provision of consular assistance in accordance with current guidelines, for example visiting British nationals in hospital or in jail, providing support to family members following bereavement, a child abduction or custody matter, and providing advice and assistance following a rape or sexual assault.
• Overseeing casework and managing to a satisfactory conclusion ensuring service standards are fully implemented;
• Liaising with local authorities, members of the public and their legal representatives and British Government Departments in order to achieve strategic goals.
• Designing, costing and implementing an effective outreach prevention strategy for the consular district and monitoring and reporting budget expenditure;
• Proactively leading on consular issues at the High Commission, including representing the consular view at key internal meetings and activities;
• Representing the British government at consular related events, including some public speaking duties.
• Maintaining close links with local authorities including, but not limited to, law enforcement medical examiners, hospitals, morgues and mental health facilities.
• Processing emergency passport applications.
• Exceptionally, participate in call-out arrangements for emergency cases out of hours when our Global Response Centre in London requests additional support.
• To lead, motivate and develop the Consular Team with direct line management of one Pro Consul.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• The applicant for the British High Commission (BHC) Vice Consul job must hold relevant qualifications
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English;
• Previous experience in a customer facing role and ability to respond to a wide range of customer needs, particularly difficult customers;
• Good knowledge of Microsoft Office applications.
• Excellent communicator, strong outreach and networking; skills;
• Excellent time management and organisational skills; the ability to work without close supervision;
• Line management experience;
• Resilience and resistance to trauma; ability to cope with the challenging nature of consular work.
• Competencies: Making Effective Decisions, Leading and Communicating, Collaborating and Partnering, Managing a Quality Service, Delivering at Pace, Demonstrating Resilience
• Crisis Management experience
• Knowledge of UK.
• General knowledge of local administrative and legal procedures is an advantage.
How to Apply
For more information and job application details, see; British High Commission Vice Consul Jobs in Uganda
Find jobs in Uganda. Jobs - Uganda jobs. Search our career portal & find the latest Ugandan job positions, career opportunities & jobs in Uganda.
Jobs in Uganda - banking jobs, IT jobs, accounting jobs, NGO jobs, business administration, ICT, UN jobs, procurement jobs, education jobs, hospital jobs, human resources jobs, engineering, teaching jobs, and other careers in Uganda.
Find your dream job from 1000s of vacancies in Uganda posted and updated daily - click here!
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Job Vacancies in Africa.