Britam Reinsurance Manager Jobs in Kenya
Britam Reinsurance Manager Jobs in KenyaJob DetailsBritam is a leading diversified financial services group, listed on the Nairobi Securities Exchange.
The group has interests across the Eastern and Southern Africa region, with operations in Kenya, Uganda, Tanzania, Rwanda, South Sudan, Mozambique and Malawi.
The group offers a wide range of financial products and services in Insurance, Asset management, Banking and Property.
Our Mission is to provide outstanding financial services to our customers.
Our Vision is to be the most trusted financial service partner.
We aim to provide our clients, with an unmatched offering, ensuring first class solutions that help secure the future.
Reporting to the Chief Operating Officer (COO) General insurance, the job holder shall develop and manage underwriting and reinsurance activities in accordance with the company’s underwriting and reinsurance policy and standards so as to meet and exceed customers and shareholders’ expectations.
• Oversee underwriting and reinsurance activities of general insurance business in Kenya
• Vet all risks to ensure that only quality business is accepted into the company at acceptable rates to ensure profitability and achievement of the set loss ratio targets
• Implement the underwriting strategy, philosophy, policies and procedures
• Ensure achievement of the agreed renewals retention targets in Kenya
• Ensuring that the risks undertaken by the company are adequately covered through reinsurance programmes
• Manage relationships with clients, intermediaries and service providers to ensure agreed service level agreements are achieved and goodwill with all stakeholders is maintained
• Ensuring timely preparation of reports
• Supervision, appraisal, training and development of staff in the department
• Manage staff and resources, provide direction, set goals and ensure the department goals are attained.
• Delegated Authority: As per the approved Delegated Authority Matrix
Key Performance Measures
• Reinsurance accounting Program management
• Facultative business budget
• Timely security and risk placement
• Reinsurance cost
• A business related University Degree
• Professional Insurance qualification (CII or IIK)
• Must have a minimum of 5 years’ experience in reinsurance field.
• In depth understanding of insurance operations and concepts
• Knowledge of underwriting processes, procedures and concepts
• Knowledge of insurance regulatory requirements
• Knowledge of Reinsurance Treaty, Facultative wording and Reinsurance Slips preparation
How to Apply
For more information and job application details, see; Britam Reinsurance Manager Jobs in Kenya
Find jobs in Kenya. Jobs - Kenya jobs. Search our career portal & find the latest Kenyan job positions, career opportunities & jobs in Kenya.
Jobs in Kenya - banking jobs, IT jobs, accounting jobs, NGO jobs, business administration, ICT, UN jobs, procurement jobs, education jobs, hospital jobs, human resources jobs, engineering, teaching jobs, and other careers in Kenya.
Find your dream job from 1000s of vacancies in Kenya posted and updated daily - click here!
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Job Vacancies in Africa.