Britam Head of Legal Jobs in Kenya
Britam Head of Legal Jobs in KenyaJob Purpose: This role will provide Legal support to the Life Assurance Business by formulating and implementing policies and procedures to ensure the business remains fully compliant with all Laws and Regulations.
The role will also provide Company Secretarial services to Board Committees and ensure members receive support and the necessary advice for them to discharge their duties.
• Advise insurance business on all matters touching on the law.
• Review newly instituted matters and advise management.
• Research and interpret regulatory requirements of new Insurance products and/or services.
• Provide assistance to the operational areas with day-to-day regulatory Insurance compliance issues.
• Assist with handling more complex Insurance regulatory compliance issues.
• Keep current on national requirements regarding Insurance and communicate issues and new statutory developments to executive team.
• Provide high quality legal opinions to enable effective management of legal risks.
• Prepare agreement for appointment of advocates.
• Receive final ruling and ensure it is captured.
• Negotiating out of court settlements with a view of saving costs.
• Approving payment of legal fees and judgments and /or discharge Vouchers.
• Securities perfection (Mortgages, plot loan etc.) and ensuring Britam is protected at all times.
• Ensure safe custody of the insurance instruments and documents such as organization seal, charged documents and suit papers, and ensure confidentiality and privacy of all legal data of the business.
• Provide legal advice to the insurance business on all legal matters related to its activities and mandate premised on a platform that is well researched, reasoned and timely.
• Ensuring insurance business is compliant with all statutory requirements;
• Advising management on the interpretation, impact and effect of the relevant laws and general conditions affecting their various areas of operation;
• Providing strategic legal advice, including advice on business and product development.
• Liaison with the various regulatory agencies, including but not limited to IRA.
• Respond to demand letters and making best efforts to sort out disputes before they are referred to a court of law.
Technical/ Functional competencies
• Knowledge of legal concepts.
• Knowledge in Diversity management.
• Knowledge in Legal Procedures.
• Ability to drive change.
• Project Management.
• Stakeholder Management.
• Report writing-ability to develop reports.
• Strategic Planning.
• Leadership and management-ability to lead teams, mentor and coach staff.
• Performance Management and team building.
• Decision making –ability to make strategic decisions in a timely and effective manner.
• High moral and ethical standing.
Knowledge, and Qualifications Experience Required
• Bachelor’s degree in Law
• Master’s degree in Law (added advantage)
• Diploma in Law
• Advocate of the High Court of Kenya
• Possess a valid practicing license
• 7-10 years post admission (to the roll of advocates) and two (2) years’ experience at manager level.
• Company Secretarial experience in a busy corporate organization.
• Certified Public Secretary of Kenya CPS (K) (desirable)
• Experience in the insurance industry will be an added advantage
How to Apply
For more information and job application details, see; Britam Head of Legal Jobs in Kenya
Find jobs in Kenya. Jobs - Kenya jobs. Search our career portal & find the latest Kenyan job positions, career opportunities & jobs in Kenya.
Jobs in Kenya - banking jobs, IT jobs, accounting jobs, NGO jobs, business administration, ICT, UN jobs, procurement jobs, education jobs, hospital jobs, human resources jobs, engineering, teaching jobs, and other careers in Kenya.
Find your dream job from 1000s of vacancies in Kenya posted and updated daily - click here!
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Job Vacancies in Africa.