Britam Head of Internal Audit Jobs in Kenya
Britam Head of Internal Audit Jobs in Kenya
About the Company We are a diversified financial group, listed on the Nairobi Securities Exchange, with interests across the Eastern Africa region. We offer a wide range of financial products and services in insurance, asset management, banking and property, with offices in Kenya, Uganda, Rwanda, South Sudan; and presence in Mozambique, Malawi and Tanzania, following the acquisition of Real Insurance in 2014.
The product range includes: life, health and general insurance, pensions, unit trusts, investment planning, wealth management, off-shore investments, retirement planning, discretionary portfolio management, Property development and private Equity.Our Mission is to provide outstanding financial services to our customers.Our Vision is to be the most trusted financial service partner.We aim to provide our clients, with an unmatched offering, ensuring first class solutions that help secure the future.
• This role will provide oversight and direction for the Internal Audit function across Britam Holdings and its subsidiaries.
• The role will be responsible for planning and conducting operational, financial and compliance audits to evaluate the effectiveness of internal controls and the enterprise risk management function.
• The work will include managing audits including evaluating internal controls, performing and documenting audit test work, communicating audit issues to management, writing audit reports, identifying and evaluating emerging areas of organizational risk.
• The holder of this role will lead a staff whose scope of activities will be comprehensive including providing value-added analysis on business operations, internal controls and risk management and ensures audit work conforms to the Standards of the Professional Practice of Internal Auditing and the Code of Ethics developed by the Institute of Internal Auditors.
Knowledge, experience and qualifications required
• Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting or a related field;
• MBA is an added advantage.
• Professional qualification e.g. CPA(K), ACCA, CISA. CFA or equivalent.
• 7-10 years’ experience in a similar position; 4-5 of which should be in a managerial capacity in a busy environment.
• Manage all internal audit activity to coordinate audit projects, assessments, and regulatory audit requirements to
fulfill the purposes and responsibilities approved by senior management and the respective Audit and Risk Committees of the Board.
• Provide internal control leadership and support regarding effective operating and designed controls, risk mitigation strategies and overall compliance with policies and procedures.
• Manage and review all test work, including the internal control environment and promoting continuous enhancements and improvement of financial and operational controls, processes and system capabilities.
• Responsible for the overall work quality of the internal audit unit, which includes maintaining or updating, as necessary, the unit’s quality assurance standards.
• Perform annual risk assessment during audit planning and development of the audit strategy, audit plan and audit scope.
• Establish and maintain key relationships throughout the organization as a means of obtaining information needed to perform functional duties, provide business advisory service and to provide strategic recommendations.
• Professionally communicates both verbally and in writing and prepares formal presentations with executive summaries and recommendations based on audit results to senior management and the Audit and Risk Committee of the board.
• Hire, develop, and manage a high performing audit team of whose consultation and advice is sought out by the organization as it conducts activities to improve compliance and performance.
• Oversee the execution of other tasks or special projects when required by management such as review of system implementations, due diligence reviews, and internal investigations.
Auditing, Risk analysis, Big data and data analytics, System (IT) auditing, Audit (internal), Accounting.
How to Apply
For more information and job application details, see; Britam Head of Internal Audit Jobs in Kenya
Find jobs in Kenya. Jobs - Kenya jobs. Search our career portal & find the latest Kenyan job positions, career opportunities & jobs in Kenya.
Jobs in Kenya - banking jobs, IT jobs, accounting jobs, NGO jobs, business administration, ICT, UN jobs, procurement jobs, education jobs, hospital jobs, human resources jobs, engineering, teaching jobs, and other careers in Kenya.
Find your dream job from 1000s of vacancies in Kenya posted and updated daily - click here!
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Africa Jobs.