Arise and Shine Data & Systems Administrator Jobs in Uganda
Arise and Shine Data & Systems Administrator Jobs in Uganda Arise and Shine is one of the leading Grain Millers in the country, dealing in trade and processing of grain, including among other maize, Soy, Beans, Millet, and others.
Located in Kampala, we would like to hire a competent, self-motivated, well trained and professional data and Systems Administrator.
The Company Data & Systems Administrator shall make sure that all systems at Arise and Shine are working sound, data in the company and from projects is available to users, and that it's kept secure from unauthorized access or accidental loss or corruption.
Minimum Hours of work: 40 hours every week
Roles and Responsibilities:
In Line and under supervision of the General Manager; The Data and Systems Administrator shall at all times carry out the following .
Roles, Duties and Responsibilities:
• Manage the day-to-day operations of all IT/IS infrastructure including storage, applications, databases, email services, systems management, network resources and server/virtual infrastructure, CCTV etc.
• Performs multi-tiered incident, change management, problem resolution, and end-user support
• Ensure that organizational data are secure
• Automate tasks and improve operational efficiencies by designing VBS, PowerShell or related scripts
• Backup and restore data to prevent data loss
• Identify user needs to create and administer databases
• Ensure that databases operate efficiently and without error
• Make and test modifications to database structure when needed
• Maintain databases and update permissions
• Merge old databases into new ones
• Manage and Update the company website, all online social media platforms
• Monitor database performance and conduct performance-tuning support
• Continuously identifies opportunities for process and quality improvement and implements applicable technologies and/or process changes.
• Implement and configure systems management and proactive monitoring tools; troubleshoots and resolves identified telecommunication and network issues.
• Document all systems administration processes and installation procedures
• Installs, configures, maintains and troubleshoots all network resources including servers, network infrastructure, virtual infrastructure, storage, applications, and sub-systems.
• Analytical skills. D&SA will have to be able to monitor a database system’s performance to determine when action is needed. They must be able to evaluate complex information that comes from a variety of sources.
• Communication skills. The D&SA will work on teams and must be able to communicate effectively with managers, and other workers.
• Detail oriented. Working with data and systems will require an understanding of complex systems, in which a minor error can cause major problems. For example, mixing up customers’ credit card information can cause someone to be charged for a purchase he or she didn’t make.
• Logical thinking. D&SA should be able to use software to make sense of information and to arrange and organize it into meaningful patterns. The information is then stored in the databases that these workers manage, test, and maintain.
• Problem-solving skills. When problems with a database arise, the D&SA must be able to diagnose and correct the problems.
Minimum Qualifications & Experience
• A Bachelor’s Degree in Computer science, Information & Communications technology, Computer systems Management
• Should be familiar with computer languages like SQL/MP Query optimization and with cloud based technologies DevOps tools
• Experience with Microsoft networks and products including Exchange Server, Remote Access Server, Terminal Server
• Five years of professional (After graduation) experience
How to Apply
Send your Application and CV to:
Application deadline: 19th June 2020
Find jobs in Uganda. Jobs - Uganda jobs. Search our career portal & find the latest Ugandan job positions, career opportunities & jobs in Uganda.
Jobs in Uganda - banking jobs, IT jobs, accounting jobs, NGO jobs, business administration, ICT, UN jobs, procurement jobs, education jobs, hospital jobs, human resources jobs, engineering, teaching jobs, and other careers in Uganda.
Find your dream job from 1000s of vacancies in Uganda posted and updated daily - click here!
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Job Vacancies in Africa.