Arifu Product Manager Jobs in Kenya
Arifu Product Manager Jobs in KenyaJob Details Arifu is a fast growing company that is making life-changing education accessible to everyone by designing and delivering locally relevant skills and information to the least served people.
Arifu’s platform provides digital advisory services to all learners no matter where they are or what device they are using.
Arifu is looking to hire a Product Manager to drive the success of our multi-country learning platform and enhance Arifu’s value proposition to our clients and end-users.
Arifu reached over one million users in 2019 with a rapidly growing active user base.
The Product Manager is responsible for the product planning and execution throughout the product life cycle, including gathering and prioritizing product and customer requirements, defining the product vision, and working closely with engineering, sales, marketing and support to ensure revenue and customer satisfaction goals are met.
The Product Manager’s job also includes ensuring that the product supports the company’s overall strategy and goals. Delivering excellence at Arifu depends on efficient cross-team collaboration working with learning experts, computer scientists, corporate partnership development teams, as well as social scientists. As such, the Product Manager needs to absolutely love taking on new challenges, bring a problem-solving focus, and be willing to have fun under pressure while being uncompromising on quality delivery. Lastly, they should be driven by an entrepreneurial spirit, be able to write and communicate technical ideas to different audiences, and love learning from the variety of skill-sets and experiences at Arifu and Arifu’s partners.
Most importantly, if you feel you have many of these attributes, but not all, no worries! We do not expect you to be superhuman. The most invaluable trait you can bring to Arifu is your ability to identify areas for growth, bring a deep willingness to learn, and let us invest in you. This is a full-time position based at Arifu’s headquarters in Nairobi reporting to the CTO. .
The Product Manager will be responsible for:
• Defining the product strategy and roadmap; Be an expert with respect to the competition
• Delivering MRDs and PRDs with prioritized features and corresponding justification
• Working with external third parties to assess partnerships and licensing opportunities
• Running beta and pilot programs with early-stage products and samples
• Acting as a leader within the company; Build an ambitious but achievable product roadmap for the Arifu platform;
• Structuring technical implementation plans with built-in quality assurance processes;
• Running daily scrums and bi-weekly sprint cycles with the engineering team and tracking progress towards all tasks;
• Working with our UX researchers to design focus groups, interviews, and AB tests with users and clients that will continuously inform and validate the product-market fit of features;
• Translating insights from qualitative and quantitative research into specific feature improvements;
• Managing and tracking feature requests from research, product, operations, and business development teams in an organized way that can be prioritized for development;
• Maintaining strong project management capabilities with planning, communicating, documenting, and tracking milestones and results;
• Sharing what you’ll be learning with the broader community through blogs and participation in industry
A desire to impact lives, the ability to make a long term commitment to your team and the product, and exceptional problem solving abilities are all essential prerequisites on the Arifu team.
For this role, we’re also looking for someone with the following:
• 5+ years of professional experience with product management, ideally in the tech sector;
• Master’s degree preferred but not required. A technical bachelor’s degree is a
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills; teamwork skills
• Working knowledge of software systems architecture and development. Technical programming skills not essential;
• Proven ability to influence cross-functional teams without formal authority
• Gantt charts and tracking sheets are your best friends;
• Qualitative research skills and familiarity with HCD;
• Quantitative research skills and ability to work with R or STATA will be advantageous but not essential;
• Fluency in English required and fluency in Swahili preferred;
• Innate curiosity, measured skepticism, and a desire to find answers to the difficult “Why’s”;
• Ability to enjoy (and survive) the chaos of a high-growth
• Demonstrated success defining and launching excellent products; Examples and at least one sample of an effective document delivered in the past
How to Apply
Send your CV and cover letter (Word document, maximum one page cover letter and two pages CV) to
firstname.lastname@example.org with “Product Manager” in the subject. Your CV should be named in the following format: “FirstName LastName Positionr”, for example, “Jane Anyone Product Manager”.
Tell us what excites you about this role. If we see a good fit, we’ll get back to you to set up a first conversation.
Find jobs in Kenya. Jobs - Kenya jobs. Search our career portal & find the latest Kenyan job positions, career opportunities & jobs in Kenya.
Jobs in Kenya - banking jobs, IT jobs, accounting jobs, NGO jobs, business administration, ICT, UN jobs, procurement jobs, education jobs, hospital jobs, human resources jobs, engineering, teaching jobs, and other careers in Kenya.
Find your dream job from 1000s of vacancies in Kenya posted and updated daily - click here!
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Job Vacancies in Africa.