Amref Health Africa Programme Manager Jobs in Kenya
Amref Health Africa Programme Manager Jobs in Kenya
Main Purpose of Job The Programme Manager, will drive and implement high Neglected Tropical diseases(NTD) programming through the provision of technical guidance and capacity building of staff and implementing providers; build strategic partnerships with stakeholders in the NTD sector, including donors.
This leadership should be evident through: the growth and/or development of respective technical programme, projects performance, quality, and continued responsiveness to Amref, national and international priorities.
Key Area & Activities
Strategic Programme Planning and Development
• Participate in strategic planning processes to successfully drive the direction and delivery of cost-effective services and ensure objectives are met in line with national policies and national breaking transmission strategy (BTS) goals
• In collaboration with key stakeholders, lead the development of country level action and implementation plans to scale up soil transmitted helminthes/ schistosomiasis (STH/SCH) management, integrated mass drug
administration, WASH & BCC Initiatives and support other 3 Preventive chemotherapy (PC) NTDs.
• Provide leadership and guidance in the mapping of NTDs in Tanzania to ensure that prevalence trends are effectively tracked and the data collected is used to develop integrated/co-implemented NTD programmes.
• Provide remote and in-country assistance to programme to ensure program activities, reporting, and budgets are technically and operationally sound.
• Advise WASH/NTD Programme on best practices for implementation of NTD program activities, including specialized evaluations to measure the impact of program activities on various indicators.
• Actively contributing to the development, regular revision, monitoring and evaluation of Amref overall NTD strategy.
Country Programme Management
• Provide effective management, coordination and technical advice to support the WASH & NTD programme to deliver NTD targets through
quality service delivery.
• Support county teams to establish and maintain effective relationships with the Ministry of Ministry of Health, Ministry of Education and county governments and other partners in order to advance sustainable national plans and integrate them into the existing public health delivery systems.
• Identify, develop and evaluate new approaches and tools, to support national scale-up of STH/SCH management and mass drug administrations.
• Collaborate with the team to develop and maintain relationships with donors, consortium partners, internal staff, and consultants to provide quick and accurate program and financial information as needed.
• Ensure the progress of all reports for assigned portfolio is accurately tracked to ensure timely submission of high-quality reports to donors.
• Prepare and/or finalize budget narratives for annual program budgets and proposals. Monitor expenditures and forecasts on a monthly basis.
• Manage direct report staff and provide clear direction to team members.
Monitoring and Evaluation
• Lead on supporting country and county teams in developing a system for monitoring and evaluating NTD programme performance.
• Develop data quality assessment tools for various NTD program activities.
• Lead in the preparation of work plans, budgets, M&E plans and performance frameworks for the project
• Preparation of technical monthly, quarterly, annual and ad hoc reports relating to the project as per donor requirements as well as for internal purposes.
• Lead in operations research, document and share results for advocacy in order to influence relevant policies and practices.
• Provide leadership in the documentation of best practice models in the Project, working with relevant departments within Amref.
• Lead the project staff to document and disseminate best practices and lessons learnt
with the M&E and communications team to increase visibility of the project and WASH & NTD as a whole.
Advocacy and Strategic Alliances
• Build and maintain meaningful working relationships with a variety of partners and other stakeholders at National and County level in order to strengthen opportunities for advocacy and higher visibility.
• Develop relationships with other partners to support funding and delivery of services, including NGOs in the WASH sector
• Represent Amref at appropriate national/regional/global forums.
• Ensure NTD programme information flow is maintained across National, County and other key partners.
• Establish and maintain partnerships and networking with relevant stakeholders including but not limited to donors, relevant Government
Ministries and NGOs.
Partnerships and Business Development
• Provide assistance in identifying possible funding sources to support programme delivery and work with other colleagues and partners to activities Development secure those funds.
• Work with Business development unit for new NTD project design and donor engagements
• Explore in-country networks and consortia to enhance WASH & NTD capacity for program delivery and expand funding base
• Participate in the development of new concepts and proposals for fundraising.
• Participate in the development and implementation of fundraising strategies to grow the WASH & NTD programmatic and financial portfolio.
• Maintain ongoing communication with potential partners and other key stakeholders to identify and pursue growth opportunities
• Provide direction and support to assist country research teams and help them to identify operational research opportunities to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of NTD elimination efforts.
• Assist project teams and MoH in disseminating information on NTD activities, studies, research and lessons learned at County, national and international level.
• Work in close collaboration with Amref research unit to ensure that projects
conduct research for international peer reviewed publication.
• Work with global research team to optimize the research finding in place, carry out new research and enhance publication of findings internally and globally.
Required qualifications and Experience
• Minimum of Medical/Health degree and a Master’s Degree in public health or a related field.
• 8 years relevant work experience in Public Health management; 5+ years should be dedicated to provision of program and management backstopping to donor-funded public health projects.
• Knowledge of strategic planning, administrative, and financial management systems.
• Knowledgeable about current implementation science and state-of-the-art delivery approaches.
• Prior experience with NTDs is an added advantage.
• Proven management experience in supervision of staff in cross functional teams.
• Fluency in English language required.
• Exceptional verbal and written communications skills and the ability to interact effectively with others, both internally and externally.
• Excellent time management skills, with the ability to perform multiple tasks and meet critical deadlines while maintaining accuracy and quality.
How to Apply
For more information and job application details, see; Amref Health Africa Programme Manager Jobs in Kenya
Find jobs in Kenya. Jobs - Kenya jobs. Search our career portal & find the latest Kenyan job positions, career opportunities & jobs in Kenya.
Jobs in Kenya - banking jobs, IT jobs, accounting jobs, NGO jobs, business administration, ICT, UN jobs, procurement jobs, education jobs, hospital jobs, human resources jobs, engineering, teaching jobs, and other careers in Kenya.
Find your dream job from 1000s of vacancies in Kenya posted and updated daily - click here!
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Africa Jobs.