AMREF Health Africa Business Development Manager Jobs in Uganda
AMREF Health Africa Business Development Manager Jobs in Uganda
Job Details: Amref Health Africa is the largest international health development organization based in Africa. With headquarters in Kenya, Amref Health Africa has offices in Ethiopia, Uganda, South Sudan, Kenya, Tanzania, Southern Africa and Western Africa providing services to over 30 countries.
Working with and through African communities, health systems and governments, Amref Health Africa aims to close the gap that prevents people from accessing their basic right to health. Amref Health Africa is committed to improving the health of people in Africa by increasing sustainable health access to communities in Africa through solutions in human resources for health, health service delivery, and investments in health. Our Vision is Lasting Health Change in Africa. Amref Health Africa is seeking to hire qualified person to fill the following position.
The Business Development Manager is responsible for providing oversight and coordination of donor engagement, all fundraising and proposal writing. S/he works with staff from Amref Health Africa in Uganda (including programme, finance, fundraising, and M&E) and liaison with the Business Development team at HQ to develop and submit high quality institutional and high value donor proposals and tender bids that are aligned with defined priorities, demonstrate impact, and offer value for money.
S/he is proactive in identifying new and non- traditional sources of funding from a range of institutional donors and working to leverage Amref Health Africa’s funding prospects. S/he builds the capacity of Amref Health Africa In Uganda staff in developing and managing strategic consortium partnerships with other NGOs and private sector organizations where appropriate.
S/he will liaise with the BD counterparts at HQ in developing and implementing the Amref Health Africa In Uganda's Fundraising Strategy and Operational Plan
Key Duties and Responsibilities
Organizational Development, Strategy and Communication
• As a member of the Senior Management Team (SMT), participate in SMT meetings and contribute to the overall development, implementation and review of the Amref Health Africa in Uganda, Country Strategy, Fundraising Strategy and Plan.
• Build and maintain positive working relationships with SMT members and ensure there is effective coordination of all activities
• Represent Amref Health Africa In Uganda externally and provide inputs to all fundraising related activities when required, including participation on task forces, training courses and conferences
• Develop a Fundraising Strategy and Operational Plan in consultation with the BD Director that meets the strategic requirements of the CSP in consultation with CM and key programme staff
Donor Engagement and partnership building
• Networking with strategic donors, collecting strategic intelligence on opportunities, updating the donor contacts and database, and liaising with key in-country and international donors
• Coordination of the proposal development process and pursuit of funding opportunities in liaison with the Uganda country office, HQ BD team and Europe and North America counterparts.
• Advise programme and programme quality teams, finance, working groups on relevant donor requirements/compliance, potential funding opportunities, changes
in donor priorities and ensuring quality grant management for all related projects.
• Act as the interface between finance and programme quality teams to ensure grant compliance
• Ensure fundraising staff have individual work plans and up to date development plans
Institutional and High Value Fundraising
• Building strong relationships with fundraising staff in Funding Affiliates & ENA offices and liaise with them on all fundraising-related communications.
• Work closely with all the Funding Affiliates & ENA offices and relevant programme departments to ensure high quality and timely submission of proposals and concept notes, Project Report /Project Progress Reports to donors and funding affiliate
• With support from programme team and Country Manager identify and facilitate opportunities for relationship building with key donors
• Identify and nurture relationships with strategic partners ( CSOs, academic organizations and private sector firms) to increase Amref Health Africa In Uganda's chances of success in partnering with strong partners for competitive calls for proposals and tender bids
• Coordinate and oversee efforts to secure co-financing for all institutional and high value grants
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
• A Masters degree in social sciences, humanities, public health, development studies, human rights, political science or other relevant discipline.
• At least seven years of experience with an NGO in a senior business development/programme.
funding position(s) involving proposal development and donor liaison.
• Excellent writing, reasoning and analytical skills.
• Capacity building experience including training and skills development.
• Experience of developing successful proposals and/or tender bids to Institutional donors, Foundation and Private Funders.
• In-depth understanding of logical frameworks as a tool to develop theory of change and intervention logic.
• Excellent interpersonal, communication and negotiation skills to work effectively in a multi-cultural environment.
• Ability to prioritize own workload and work with minimal supervision.
• Ability to lead complex proposal development teams.
• Excellent English language skills (written and spoken).
Experience in Months: 84
Level of Education: Postgraduate Degree
How to Apply
Please send an updated CV including three work related referees and cover letter addressed to the Human Resources Business Partner, Amref Health Africa in Uganda through
Emails should not exceed 2MB. The closing date for submitting applications is September 17, 2021. All candidates who applied earlier do not need to re-apply. We regret that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Amref Health Africa is committed to the principles of safeguarding at the workplace and does not tolerate any form of abuse, discrimination or harassment.
Find jobs in Uganda. Jobs - Uganda jobs. Search our career portal & find the latest Ugandan job positions, career opportunities & jobs in Uganda.
Jobs in Uganda - banking jobs, IT jobs, accounting jobs, NGO jobs, business administration, ICT, UN jobs, procurement jobs, education jobs, hospital jobs, human resources jobs, engineering, teaching jobs, and other careers in Uganda.
Find your dream job from 1000s of vacancies in Uganda posted and updated daily - click here!
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to African Jobs.