AMREF Flying Doctors Aircraft Attendant Jobs in Kenya
AMREF Flying Doctors Aircraft Attendant Jobs in Kenya
Main Purpose of Job
• Ensure that aircraft departing for medical evacuation is clean and configured for emergency medical evacuations according to flight needs or according to AMREF Flying Doctors standards.
• Reporting safety concerns observed in timely manner through the provided channels.Aircraft cleaningMain Tasks
• Configuring and reconfiguring the aircrafts in preparations for flights.
• Cleaning the aircrafts thoroughly using water and soap both inside and outside. Starting from inside so that the aircraft is clean and ready for any emergency.
• Liaising with Operations officers to call the fuel company for re-fueling and checking the fuel levels appropriate for an emergency flight.
• Embarking on cleaning the outside of the aircraft using water and special detergents to remove any stubborn stains.
• Polishing the aircraft on a monthly basis; a schedule has been prepared to ensure work is done at the right time.
• For Caravan aircraft model – only add the engine oil when instructed by the pilot or maintenance team.Preparing an aircraft for evacuationsMain Tasks
• Placing the seats in the aircraft accordingly.
• Calling the fuel company early in the morning to re-fuel the aircraft or as per the fueling requirements.
• Ensuring there is enough supplies for each mission i.e. of drinking water, snacks, medical masks etc.
• Enquiring from the Coordinators in the Control Center on the number of patients to be airlifted.
• Gathering needed information to inform removal/arranging the aircraft seats accordingly.
• Inspecting the park (for the stretcher) refilling it with oxygen before placing it in the aircraft.
• Placing back the oxygen pack back to the aircrafts.
• Checking the level of oxygen using the lever on the gauge.
• Using the trolley to load and offload equipment or luggage into an aircraft.
• Screening luggage before it is placed in the aircraft, taking it for screening at the customs office and then later loading into the aircraft.
• When aircraft is about to start first, put the ground power in order to increase the power in the batteries of the aircraft.
• When engine is started remove the ground power and chocks to free the aircraft to go.
• Tacking the aircraft when it is leaving and also when arriving from a flight especially when other aircraft are on either sides during the taxing.Refueling and DefuelingMain Tasks
• Refueling is filling/adding fuel into an aircraft tank by either pumping fuel out from the drum or by use of a fuel bozzer.
• When an aircraft is from a flight the pilot gives instructions on how much to re-fuel, if not apply the general standards required for fueling using a fuel gauge or a conversion table.
• Assembling the ladder, checking the fuel meter
of the truck to see if it is at zero.
• Using biobor when refueling JET A1 fuel; used on turbine engine aircraft to avoid growth in fuel.
• Wear PPEs (Personal Protective Equipment) when refueling; wear eye protector, ear protectors because of the noise and have a touch at night for visibility.
• Ensure after re-fueling the fuel receipt is signed by the pilot or signed on their behalf and noted in the Tech Log.
• Ensure the de-fueled fuel is returned in the aircraft within 24 hours before it expires.Loading & Off loadingMain Tasks
• Loading of luggage and cargo into the aircraft as per Captain or Dispatcher instructions.
• Assisting the medical team with loading/offloading the patient and passenger onto/out of the aircraft.
• Offloading luggage, medical equipment from aircraft.Office supportMain Tasks
• Supporting the department to collectively achieve its overall objective.
• Performing any other work-related tasks as needed and/or requested that are not detailed herein.Aircrafts Consumables SuppliesMain Tasks
• Ensuring the aircrafts is stocked with snacks and refreshments as per crew requirements.
• Ensuring snacks and refreshments stock levels are kept within the minimum levels.
• Purchasing, distribution, and managing the stock levels of the same as per company requirementsRequired QualificationsEducation
• KCSE certificate or equivalent.
• Certificate in Basic First Aid.
• Certificate of good conduct.
• Completion of ATC Radio communication training.Preferred Experience and Knowledge
• At least 3 years’ consecutive work experience as an aircraft/ground attendant.
• Proven marshalling skills.
• General aviation and aircraft knowledge.
• Good understanding of KAA regulations and Customs rules.
• Knowledge in Basic First Aid.
• Knowledge in Basic Airside Driving.
• Knowledge of Airside Safety Awareness.
• Basic knowledge in ICT skills.Skills and competencies
• Good written and verbal communication.
• Good interpersonal skills.
• Ability to observe all the safety standards and report incidences in a timely manner.
• Ability to follow instructions and implement SOPs.
• Ability to find solutions in a challenging work environment.
• Ability to provide good customer service.
• Ability to keep calm under pressure.
• Ability to work effectively with others.
• Ability to prioritize and manage time.
• Professional work ethics and integrity.How to Apply For more information and job application details, see; AMREF Flying Doctors Aircraft Attendant Jobs in Kenya
Find jobs in Kenya. Jobs - Kenya jobs. Search our career portal & find the latest Kenyan job positions, career opportunities & jobs in Kenya.
Jobs in Kenya - banking jobs, IT jobs, accounting jobs, NGO jobs, business administration, ICT, UN jobs, procurement jobs, education jobs, hospital jobs, human resources jobs, engineering, teaching jobs, and other careers in Kenya.
Find your dream job from 1000s of vacancies in Kenya posted and updated daily - click here!